SCREEN ATX was born out of dedication to the film and television industry and an affinity for the craft. Based in Austin TX, a growing hub for the big and small screen, our mission is is to support, showcase, and celebrate the work of emerging and established filmmakers.
With our years of experience in the entertainment industry and a global network of TV & Film executives, we are committed to helping filmmakers elevate their careers. Having been on the festival circuit with our own films, we witnessed favors being pulled, nepotism, and priority given to bigger budget films with star names.
SCREEN ATX judges watch every submission and rate solely on talent and quality of work. We know the dedication and passion that goes into your films and award those deserving of recognition, not because of who they are or who they may know!
SCREEN ATX will take place on Friday April 28th & Saturday April 29th 2023.
In addition to film screenings, there will be filmmaker Q&As, industry expert panels, and an awards ceremony.
All official selections will screen publicly on a large cinema screen in front of a live audience.
Best Feature, Best Short, and Screen ATX Best of Fest will receive trophies in addition to laurels. All other award winners will receive certificates.
Awards are subject to change but may include:
SCREEN ATX BEST OF FESTIVAL
BEST TV PILOT
BEST DRAMA FEATURE
BEST SCI-FI/FANTASY FEATURE
BEST COMEDY FEATURE
BEST HORROR FEATURE
BEST DRAMA FEATURE
BEST SCI-FI/FANTASY SHORT
BEST COMEDY SHORT
BEST HORROR SHORT
BEST MICRO SHORT
TOP FEMALE FILMMAKER
TOP MALE FILMMAKER
FIRST TIME FILMMAKER
BEST ACTRESS - FEATURE
BEST ACTOR - FEATURE
BEST DIRECTOR FEATURE
BEST SCREENPLAY FEATURE
BEST TEXAS FEATURE
BEST ACTRESS - SHORT
BEST ACTOR - SHORT
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
BEST DIRECTOR SHORT
BEST SCREENPLAY SHORT
BEST TEXAS SHORT
BEST ORIGINAL CONCEPT
Narrative feature films between 45 and 100 minutes.
Narrative short films between 5 and 30 minutes.
Micro short films under 5 minutes.
Documentary feature films between 45 and 100 minutes.
Documentary short films up to 30 minutes.
TV pilots up to 60 minutes.
Student short films up to 30 minutes.
We welcome animation, LGBTQ+, faith, and music themed productions.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SCREEN ATX does NOT offer FEE WAIVERS at this time.
1. All films MUST be in English or have English subtitles to be considered.
2. All films MUST be original works and not made prior to January 2021.
3. Our theater screen is huge so 2K or 4K is preferred for best visuals but we will also accept full HD 1080p.
4. There is NO premiere status required for SCREEN ATX but Texas premiere is preferred.
5. By submitting the material, the applicant hereby agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the festival & its employees from any liability, claims and damages in connection with the submission and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, that any of them may incur in connection therewith.
6. I/We agree to hold SCREEN ATX harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted to the festival.
7. I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
8. All submissions for SCREEN ATX are to be paid through the FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable. Refunds will be assessed on a case by case basis and no refund will be submitted without prior approval.
9. SCREEN ATX reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations at any time.