Submit your films and walk the red carpet with us in February.
Sponsored by Samy's Camera, and hosted by American Cinemateque at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica, as well as the student filmmakers of Pacifica Christian High School, the festival seeks to encourage relationships in the Los Angeles filmmaking community, celebrate filmmaking achievements, and to inspire creativity and collaboration among high school filmmakers.
12th Annual Screen Student Film Festival
Friday, February 22, 2019
7:00 pm Doors Open, Walk the red carpet
7:30 pm • Film Festival • Aero Theater • 1328 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403
We would love to count you and your students among our 2019 invitees, to celebrate film with you here in Santa Monica at the historic Aero Theater, and enjoy an evening with passionate film lovers like you.
If you have submitted in the past, we loved watching your films- please send more! If you have been accepted in the past, we loved sharing your work with others- so send more! And if you never submitted before, we want to help MORE people to see YOUR work!
Last year we received work representing California high schools, from San Francisco to San Diego, and enjoyed submissions from many new contributing schools. Count yourself as one of the 2019 participants by submitting your work today!
Prizes are generously donated by our sponsor, Samy's Camera:
Best of Fest
All official selections will receive a swag bag and winners will receive a plaque at the end of the event.
1) Films must have been filmed, wrapped, edited, and completed between the months of January 2018 and January 2019 by California HIGH SCHOOL students.
2) Films must have been directed, written, and edited by high school students only. Films by high school seniors spring semester 2018 are eligible only if the films were completed prior to college enrollment.
3) Films must be under 15 minutes in length
4) Submissions accepted via Filmfreeway. Films should be the highest HD quality you can provide. If a lesser quality file is submitted and you are selected, we will require you to send a higher quality version prior to the festival.
5) Must be submitted by January 11, 2019
6) By submitting a film to the SCREEN Film Festival, filmmakers affirm that they have cleared all rights to materials within their films including but not limited to music rights, actors releases, etc.