SAID brings together 2 full days of award-winning documentaries, workshop, filmmakers panel, video art, party and much more. It showcases a wide array of rich subjects and stories for our community, highlighting issues relevant to South Asia.
Produced by Tasveer, a grassroots art organization, the festival provides a platform for South Asian voice through films, workshops, monologues, talks and panel discussions. The festival aims to initiate a dialog that bridges ideas, individuals, and communities by creating a deeper understanding of self in relation to the society. We employ films as a powerful tool to highlight marginalized communities, clarify misconceptions, and broaden perspectives, and thereby leading to happier and healthier communities.
SAID Best Feature
SAID Best Short
Rules & Terms
Tasveer invites submission of documentaries on themes related to *South Asia and its Diaspora. Feature, short, experimental documentaries of any length will be accepted in any digital formats.
*South Asia includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and its diasporas
-- All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
-- All works must have been released in 2015 and after.
Exceptions could be discussed via email to Rita Meher email@example.com
1. Send a preview copy of your film via an online link only. The link must be non- expiring until Feb 2018
WhatsApp: Rita Meher/ +1-206-349-4478
The festival director and selection committee will make the programming decisions. If accepted, we will notify filmmakers via email by January 10th, 2018.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED
1. We do not pay rental fee for the programmed work. Please let us know whether your film is being acquired by a distributor.
2. We do not provide airfare & stay for a crew or cast member of "every film" that is being selected for the Film Festival.
Upon being selected, we will ask you to send the following:
1. Film stills,
2. Director's photo,
3. Electronic Press Kit,
4. Exhibition format of the film. You will be responsible to pay for one-way shipping if it is being mailed.
5. Online link or DVD copies for press preview
6. The exhibition format should arrive at the notified address 2 weeks prior to the start of the festival.