Live Entertainment, LLC in co-operation with EVENT FILM, Canada proudly present an annual festival event – International Horror Film Festival & Awards "DROP".
The festival is being annually held in the city of Moscow since the year 2011 and contains 4 events:
- press conference
- awards ceremony
- master-classes and Q&A with movie stars
- film festival competition program screenings
The Awards ceremony takes place in a big concert venue (changing every year) and consists of the show program and the awards ceremony which is divided into the following jury voting categories:
- awards granted to local film distribution companies for the blockbusters shown on a big screen in the reported year;
- awards granted to young directors and producers as competition program. The category is called “Hope for Survival”;
- awards granted to World stars for the contribution to horror genre
The Awards ceremony is always visited and recorded by a large number of mass media.
The Master-class is a so-called Q&A horror convention held in a cinema-theatre in a form of a question-answer session between the star guests of the festival and the audience + autograph session. The event usually ends with a premier film screening.
The festival program is a week non-stop screening of new and old horror movies on a big screen in several Moscow cinema-theatres. The films-participants of the festival are being selected by the festival’s jury. Films are being accepted by the Awards organisators during the whole year.
The Awards schedule usually also contains a pre-party and an after-party arranged for the honored guests and winners.
The TV version of the Awards is televised by TV-3 federal TV channel and other partnerin TV channels.
The Awards specializes in all sub-genres of horror film industry, i.e.: cartoon horror, comedy horror, psychological thriller, trash horror, zombie horror, suspense, detective, sci-fi etc. Starting from 2013 the festival also specializes in survival horror video games sphere.
The Awards is annually visited by World-known honored guests. The former guests were:
- World star Eric Roberts,
- Horror films of 80's stars: Stuart Gordon and Bryan Yuzna,
- “Silent Hill” and “Tideland” super star actress Jodelle Ferland,
- “SAW” series stars Costas Mandyllor & Tobin Bell,
- TROMA hero Lloyd Kaufman,
- Japanese World famous composer and producer Akira Yamaoka,
- Italian directors of modern horror movies known for “Screamers” and other works – Marco Ristori and Luca Boni,
- Indian model, international actress, beauty princess and participant of Oscar Awards Preity Uupala,
- Norwegian actor of “Dead Snow” Yeppe Laursen
- Norwegian actress of “THALE” Silje Reinaamo
- American composer Daniel Licht
- Finnish director of “SAUNA” A.J. Annila
- Shoreline Entertainment manager Zachary Gleuck
- Russian soviet star Leonid Kuravlev
- Oliver Robins
- Corbin Bernsen
- Lauren Esposito
- John Kassir
- James Russell
- Mick Garris
- Shawn Hall
- Liesl Ahlers
- Kyle Catlett
- Lina Leandersson
- Richard Cutting
- Helen Crevel
- Javier Botet
...and many others
A great number of star-winners also send their exclusive video messages rotated on a big screen during the ceremony.
A more detailed information can be found on the English version of our web site and in Google engine.
Precious awards statue and diploma + valuable sponsor gifts + guaranteed commercial distribution from the online cinema theatre House of Disaster (HoD) TV and from TV-3 tv channel + promo publication on InkTip cinema platform with direct contacts of hundreds of film producers
The monetary prize for the main winner is 10 000 USD
Applicants should submit a film to participate in the festival. The submission fee makes up 100 USD (for a feature film) or 50 USD (for a short film) . If a film is accepted, it will be screened in the cinema theatre as part of the competition program.