The Rome Independent Film Festival (RIFF) is Italy 's first independent and international film festival. Its aim is to unite enthusiasm for films and filmmaking among young filmmakers with the realities of film production and distribution.Since its first edition in 2001, RIFF has become an event that is followed with more and more interest by the public in Rome and a reference for worldwide filmmakers. In these years, the Riff has received works coming from the 5 continents, ending up being an attentive witness
representative of the directions and passions of the independent film industry.
BEST FEATURE FILM AWARD
– RIFF AWARD FOR BEST FOREIGN FEATURE FILM.
Distribution Award: to promote the distribution of independent international works, the winner will be programmed at the Nuovo Cinema Aquila..
BEST NATIONAL DOCUMENTARY
> Premio Filmaker For You: Ass. Nazionale Filmaker e Videomaker italiani
– BEST INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY
> IRP Award: post production audio / video to the value of 4,000 euro.
– BEST ITALIAN SHORT FILM RIFF
Award for Best Italian Short film.
> The Rai Cinema Channel award is handed over to the best web short for a value of € 3,000.00, this prize is intended to reward the effectiveness of a story on web channels. The award consists of a distribution contract of the rights of the web and free tv of the short, by Rai Cinema and will be aired on www.raicinemachannel.it, on its partner sites and at the discretion of network managers on the RAI channels.
> Panalight Award: rental of technical materials to the value of 1,500 euro.
– BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM
RIFF Award for Best International Short Film.
– BEST STUDENTS SHORT FILM
RIFF Award for best short film made by students of cinematic arts schools.
RIFF Award for Best Short Animation film.
Winners of the Roma Independent Film Festival will receive an TIXTER Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to TIXTER.
1. Films must have been completed after December 2019.
2. Running time for all feature length films must be no less than 52 minutes. Running time for all short films must be no more then 52 minutes.
3. Films/videos must not have received worldwide network television distribution or WEB (including cable and PAY-TV). Competitive entries must not have commercial distribution in Italy to be eligible.
4. Foreign feature or short films submitted to the Festival must be subtitled in Italian OR English if not already an English language film.
5. Entries with Digital Video, Blu-Ray and DCP must be made available for presentation at least two (2) weeks before the festival date.
6. Submissions are only accepted on digital file. Entries, as well as accompanying materials, will NOT be returned and will become property of the organization and its archive.
7. Those selected for screening during the RIFF Awards will be notified at least one(1) month before the event starts by telephone or e-mail.
8. Those selected for the monthly screenings will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the event date by telephone or e-mail.
9. For all the competitions, the project must be an Italian Premiere.
10. Film producers must also agree to include in future promotion material the mention of the participation at the Roma Independent Film Festival, the relevant section and any award received, along with the official RIFF logo, available on the Internet website.
* RIFF AWARD recepients are determined by a jury of professional filmmakers, actors, distributors, agents and journalists.
RIFF AUDIENCE AWARD is determined by audience votes.
* All awards will be split equally between the director and the production company of the film as shown in the credits.
* DCP or file HD (and/or Blu-Ray or DV Master) to be received within 2 weeks of the event. Additional press kits, including B & W or color photos of cast and crew (on cd) 2 or more posters
Invitation and Attendance
Directors whose feature films have been selected for competition are invited as participants for 3 days. Room and board in a hotel for only one representative per film will be provided by the festival. Exceptionally, travel costs can be covered.