The 2023 Ridgway Independent Film Festival will once again bring an exciting selection of some of the best short films from around the world, and is open to all filmmakers of all ages, working in all categories of film.
We have expanded the festival to 3 days, new events and a new venue, Ridgway Space to Create! Join us in person for an intimate and meaningful experience in a stunning mountain setting.
Ridgway is a small rural town on Colorado's Western Slope, located in a beautiful valley beneath the San Juan Mountains. The Ridgway Creative District has been a Colorado-certified creative district since 2013. Ridgway Chautauqua at the Sherbino is a 105-year old theater, run by the non-profit Ridgway Chautauqua Society. The Sherbino is known locally as "Ridgway's Living Room".
There will be 5 cash pro juror awards selected by an exciting lineup of professionals in the arts, and 3 People’s Choice Awards with cash prizes. A poster contest with a cash prize is running now, please email the organizers if you are interested.
1) Filmmakers are asked to submit creative, high-quality, independent films.
2) Films should be submitted with captions in English.
3) Films should have a run time of no longer than 25 minutes.
4) Films must be submitted by Tuesday, August 1 at 11 PM.
5) Short shorts are films 10 minutes or less
6) Films that fit into multiple categories can be submitted to any one category that fits the film. Films will not be judged for selection any differently based on category.
Please submit entries at the festival page on the FilmFreeway website. If an applicant cannot submit their entry online for some reason, they should contact the festival organizers.