FILMMAKERS MUST BE BETWEEN 15 - 20 TO SUBMIT.
The Richmond Youth Media Festival is back for its third year!
This exciting summer event showcases innovative youth filmmakers whose works celebrate and highlight this year’s theme of Nature x Technology!
Films will be screened alongside professional media art installations, hands on workshops, notable keynote speakers and be in the running for two $300 cash prizes! Cinevolution Media Arts Society is excited to present this unique experience in collaboration with Richmond World Festival.
We are currently looking for evocative and risk-taking short films (<10 mins) by youth between the ages of 15 - 20 that focus on nature and/or technology.
All selected film will be screened during the Richmond World Festival with headline music artists, dance performances, food trucks, the Your Kontinent Digital Carnival and much more! The festival will have local filmmakers as speakers and workshop teachers during the event. Submission is free, and all selected films will be eligible for cash awards.
Two cash awards worth $300 (CND) each will be rewarded: the Impact Award and the Vanguard Award.
The Impact Award is presented to the film with the most significant political, social or cultural effect and influence.
The Vanguard Award is given to the film that showcases forward thinking and intellectual experimentation through artistry.
When you attend Youth Media Fest at the Richmond World Festival, you get to meet fellow young filmmakers, network with industry leaders and grow as a filmmaker while watching your film on the big screen.
- The film’s director(s) must have been between 15 - 20 years old at time of filming.
- Film must be completed no earlier than July 1, 2015.
- Film must be under 10 minutes in length (including titles and credits).
- All material used in the film must be an original creation of the filmmaker(s), or must be properly licensed.
- All films must either be in English or subtitled in English.
- Film content should be creative and demonstrate artistic and technical mastery.
- Risk-taking and boundary-pushing films are preferred.
- For 2016, films centred on the broad themes of nature & technology will be highlighted.
- We encourage submissions from all over the world with different cultural and social backgrounds.
- We DO NOT accept films with excessive or gratuitous violence, or content that advocates or supports racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias.
Accepted Rules when submitting:
- I take full responsibility for all content on my submitted work. By submitting this work for consideration, I attest that I hold all rights to exhibit the given work. If accepted, I hereby grant permission to exhibit my work at the Richmond Youth Media Festival.
- Submission materials will not be returned
- Accepted films will be notified during August, 2016