Rhino Comedy Shorts Film Festival is hosted at the Rhino Comedy Club in Suffern, NY. The festival focuses on showcasing short comedy films to help promote both local filmmakers as well as bring outside filmmakers to the area. Suffern, New York and Rockland County is conveniently located Northwest of New York City and right over the border from New Jersey, offering a perfect location for filmmakers and comedians to meet and collaborate.
We will have a one day film festival of comedy short films (under 10 minutes each). The festival will start with a networking event; then after each film block, will be a Q&A with the filmmakers. The end of the night will have an awards ceremony, where trophies will be presented to the award winners.
Trophies will be presented to the award winners.
RHINO COMEDY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL (RCSFF) SUBMISSION RULES
1. RCSFF competition is open to the United States and International entries.
2. Screenplays must be in pdf, rtf, or txt format. Any other format might be disqualified (without refund).
3. Short films must submit online preview screeners.
4. Films must be under 10 minutes, otherwise they will be disqualified [without refund]. Screenplays must be under 10 pages, otherwise they will be disqualified [without refund].
5. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
6. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
7. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
8. Any physical materials mailed in, must be labeled with submitter contact information. All emails must include the name of your film.
9. Any materials mailed in, will not be returned to the submitters.
10. RCSFF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the RCSFF. RCSFF does not pay screening fees.
11. In order to receive any award trophy, the project's producer or director must be present.
12. If [a film is] officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in digital format, as requested by festival.
13. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.