“Art without borders” is the philosophy of the RETURN International Film & Art Festival. Our goal is to feature works by artists from across the globe and a wide variety of different industries. The festival will present various art forms such as films and photography. The selected works will be shown in places like cinemas and art galleries in Weimar Germany.
Humanitarian and environmental issues will play a central role at our festival and our goal is to promote international cultural exchange. We are inspired by the transcendental nature of art, and the special role it plays in creating new perspectives and innovations. The term “RETURN” indicates that we want to look back at the art and artists that came before us, our cultural heritage that has laid the groundwork for our modern society and is an integral part of our communities. Therefore, the revival of historical art and culture will be an essential element of the festival throughout the entire program.
A special characteristic of the festival is that we will focus on questions rather than themes. The answers will emerge from the works of the artists. Global challenges will play a central role when raising those questions.
The RETURN International Film & Art Festival builds an infrastructure that helps artists to create their work sustainably and that will give them a fresh start after the pandemic. We believe that art flourishes when it can be presented to and be in conversation with a live audience.
- Scientific research and recording the approach of artists to global challenges.
- Utilizing the knowledge of veteran professors and artists to raise the level of works of art.
- Introducing the rituals of different ethnic groups and nations to raise the level of awareness of human societies.
- Supporting artists with ideas around the world.
- Creating a database that can be cited in all cultural and artistic fields for the new generation.
- Use the practical achievements of the festival to raise the level of global education.
- Inviting and appreciating artists active in the field of humanitarian and environmental activities to create a culture and the effective role of artists in creating social responsibility.
- Creating opportunities for the new generation of graduates, students and elites in various fields of art.
Best Short Film / Director
Best Documentary / Director
Best Animation / Director
All winners receive a free certificate (pdf/jpg file)
As described in the festival concept, challenges have arisen after the war due to repetitions in human history and have led to the fact that man and nature always lose the home. This brought us to the definition of home and the roots.... and the question of the festival 2022:
"What is home?"
Examples: Feeling or place, home, human relationships, nature, etc.
Short films, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non-fiction), experimental or animated film up to 30 minutes, including all credits. (The films should be completed from 2017 onward)
The filmmakers who have problems paying in EU countries, please contact us via email@example.com so we can give you a code for uploading.******
By submitting your film you agree to the following:
- Parts of your film - including a trailer, teaser, film poster, extracts, and stills - will be used for promotional purposes.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
- The films must include English subtitles even if the spoken language is English.
- All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
- All ages are eligible, and you can submit from any country.
- All entries must be uploaded in PDF/FDX format. Contact details or names are allowed to be on the title page.
-All filmmakers will be notified of their status by mid-sep 2022 via the submission contact email address. Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing Info@returniaf.de.
We do not accept:
1. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organisations
2. Films involving politics/films promoting political agenda
3. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD