* MAX 10 MINUTES
* AUSTRALIAN- AND INDONESIAN-BASED FILMMAKERS
* THEME: 'SUARA/VOICE'
* NO MORE THAN 24 MONTHS OLD
* Films should be appropriate for viewing by those Under 15 years (G)
“Near neighbours should be friends not mysteries! Short stories are a great way to share stories and build understanding. Tell us your stories”
Though we are close neighbours, Australians and Indonesians know little about each other. But we also know that Australians and Indonesians want to get to know each other better and that we share a great sense of humour and passion for creativity.
This competition gives you the opportunity to share your stories away from the stereotypes, headlines and political drama!
This festival is unique. There is no other festival that brings Australian and Indonesian filmmakers together to share their work and stories in the same forum.
Our theme for 2022 is SUARA/VOICE.
Filmmakers are invited to create a short film (up to 10 minutes) in either documentary, fiction or animation categories. Films should have been made in the last 24 months but do not need to be original, and may have been previously entered in other competitions. Entries can be submitted for the Open or Young Filmmakers (aged 13-18 years) categories.
Best Film Award
Best Collaboration between Indonesian and Australian
Best Documentary/Best Animation/ Best Fiction
Best Film in Young Filmmaker category (aged 13-18 years)
Winning films from each category will feature in screenings held in a travelling festival held in Australia and Indonesia, 23 October-31 December 2022. *NB dates may be subject to change.
Welcome to ReelOzInd! 2022. We’re encouraging Australian and Indonesian filmmakers to share their stories in creative ways through short film.
ALL FILMMAKERS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
• Films can be submitted in either the Open or Young Filmmaker categories (13-18 years)
• Filmmakers must be based in Australia or Indonesia
• Films must relate to the 2022 competition theme SUARA/VOICE
• Films must be no longer than 10 minutes (including titles and credits)
• Films must have been made in the last 24 months (produced after 11 April 2020)
• Films may have been previously entered in other competitions
• Films should be appropriate for viewing by Under 15 year olds (G, PG classifications)
• Subtitling is the responsibility of filmmakers. Indonesian subtitles for English language films. English subtitles for Indonesian language films.
• Permissions and consent are the responsibility of the filmmaker
• Films are accepted in all major video formats in full quality HD up to 10 GB. We recommend that you use settings close to these output settings:
o Maximum video bitrate: 2200 Kbps, H.264, mp4
o Audio: 128 Kbps, AAC, 2 channel stereo
o Aspect ratio preserved; maximum video height of 720 pixels
• You must submit and upload via our online entry system in the correct format NO LATER than 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB on 1 August 2022.
Your entry will NOT be accepted if:
• Any of the above items are not included
• Your film is over the 10 minute time limit (including titles and credits).
• Your entry arrives any time after 6pm on the final day for submissions.
• You have not completed or only partially completed our online entry form
• You have not submitted your film to us via our Upload Form in the correct format.
• You have not agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To enter your film into ReelOzInd! which is run by Australia Indonesia Centre (AIC), you (Producer) must:
• Complete the Entry Form and
• Upload the film correctly via our online Upload Form by 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB 1 August 2022 (ReelOzInd! accepts no responsibility for any Entry Form or Film that is late or damaged)
By completing the Entry Form and delivering the Film online via our Upload Form, the Producer has applied to enter the Film in the Festival, related competitions and activities and accepts that the conditions contained in the Entry Form and in the Entry Guidelines’ which includes the FAQ and these terms and conditions of entry, create a legally-binding agreement between ReelOzInd! and the Producer.
2. Judging of the films
a) Awards will be given for in the following categories:
Best Film; Best Collaboration between Indonesian and Australian filmmakers; Best Animation; Best Documentary; Best Fiction; Best Young Filmmaker (aged 13-18 years)
b) Five films from each of these categories will be shortlisted as Finalists (max 25 films) and from these judges will select a winner in each category.
c) ReelOzInd! selects a jury to judge the Finalists, which is made up of industry professionals, including actors, directors, writers, producers and others (“Jury”). The members of the Jury watch the Finalist films and score them. ReelOzInd! tallies those results and comes up with an average score for each film. The highest score wins. The judges are asked to use their own judgement but, in general, ReelOzInd! instructs the Jury to evaluate the films based on execution, strength of idea, creativity, expression of the filmmaker’s talent, and application of the competition theme.
d) Shortlisted films will be made available for public viewing on the ReelOzInd! website and there may be other awards like a People’s Choice Award.
3. Important Dates
Each film must comply with the following dates to be eligible for entry in the Festival:
Submissions Open: 11 April 2022, 9am AEST/ 6am WIB
Submissions Close: 1 August 2022, 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
4. Entrant’s Representations and Warranties
The Entrant hereby represents and warrants to ReelOzInd! that:
(a) they have the full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this Agreement and grant the rights granted in the Agreement;
(b) the Film complies with the Terms and Conditions;
(c) they are the sole and exclusive owner, or have permission from the sole and exclusive owner, of the copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music and lyrics reproduced in those sound recordings;
(h) all of the performers in the Film have consented to the use of their performances in the Film;
(i) they give permission for the Film to be screened online and to the general public in the context of events related to the activities of ReelOzInd! 2022, and to be saved in a data archive created by ReelOzInd! All submitted films will be automatically registered to the ReelOzInd! archive. All submitted films are kept in archive and could be screened and programmed only for cultural, educational and promotional purpose. Films will be licensed under the Creative Commons License.
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
View License Deed | View Legal Code
Submission of your film indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Entry Guidelines are fixed, but Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards, etc. are subject to change at any time.