Reel Out Charlotte is the Queen City's annual LGBTQ film festival and a program of Charlotte Pride. Our film festival showcases the best in LGBTQ-themed short, documentary and feature-length films each year. Charlotte Pride is the leader in LGBTQ visibility in Charlotte and the Carolinas. Since its founding in 2000, Charlotte Pride has expanded its year-round programming and partnerships to better connect community members with its mission, vision, and values. It is now the one of the largest LGBTQ Pride organizations in the American Southeast.
Reel Out Charlotte is one of Charlotte’s premier arts and cultural events, which has brought thousands of attendees together to celebrate the artistic, cultural, and historical contributions of LGBTQ and ally individuals, all through the power of film. Each year, we work to strengthen our program by expanding the diversity and subject matter of the films we show. In addition, to enhance the overall experience for film goers, we have introduced new features to engage our community, including our new audience awards and free admission events to educational film screenings and panel discussions.
Best Short Film - Viewers' Choice
1) Submissions must be about or of interest to the Carolinas’ LGBTQ community.
2) Running Time: 20 minutes or less from beginning titles to ending credits, for short films; at least 60 minutes running time for feature-length films.
3) Deadline: April 4, 2023. Notification: April 21, 2023.
4) Works-in-progress and rough cuts will not be accepted. Only one submission of each film is accepted.
5) Fees: $20 submission, short films; $40 submission, feature-length films.
6) Only one entry per director and/or producer per film submission category.