Please Note: REEL Crafted Film Festival is taking a year off and will resume for the May 2023 Crafted Vancouver festival.
Join us then for the fourth edition of REEL Crafted, the North American film festival dedicated to craft and craft-based work. View an eclectic collection of short films from around the world exploring craftsmanship and craft-based work.
How to apply: REEL Crafted 2023 is produced by Crafted Vancouver. Selected films will be shown during May 2023 as part of the 25-day Crafted Vancouver festival - see CraftedVancouver.com for more information on the festival.
Details: Our intention is to inspire and engage filmmakers and audience members through the common goal of championing outstanding creativity and craftsmanship. We are looking for films of that explore connections between materials, making and makers in any genre: e.g. documentary, animation, experimental, and in short or full-length duration.
Selected films will be screened during the REEL Crafted Film Festival, taking place during two showings during May 2023 at The Cinematheque in Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Participation in REEL Crafted Film Festival includes:
• Ability to promote event for marketing and publicity
• Featured in the Crafted Vancouver Programme Guidebook
• An Event Listing on CraftedVancouver.com during festival
• An archived individual webpage including images and links on craftedvancouver.com that festival attendees and website visitors can refer to pre and post festival
Local filmmakers receive (with events dependent on the recommended social distancing measures in place at the time)
• 2 tickets to the Pre-Festival Mixer in April for Event Partners only, our main pre-festival networking event connecting you with fellow festival participants
• 2 tickets to the Festival Opening Reception in May where Event Partners in attendance are introduced to an audience of festival participants
A follow-up note with further event details will be sent upon confirmation.