Calling all Filmmakers!
Join us for the third edition of REEL Crafted, the only film festival dedicated to craft and craft-based work in North America. View an eclectic collection of short films from around the world exploring craftsmanship and craft-based work.
How to apply: REEL Crafted 2021 is produced by Crafted Vancouver. Selected films will be shown on May 18 as part of the 25-day Crafted Vancouver festival - see CraftedVancouver.com for more information on the festival.
Details: Our intention is to inspire and engage filmmakers and audience members through the common goal of championing outstanding creativity and craftsmanship. We are looking for films of that explore connections between materials, making and makers in any genre: e.g. documentary, animation, experimental, and in short or full-length duration.
Selected films will be screened during the REEL Crafted Film Festival, taking place during two showings on the evening of Tuesday, May 18 at The Cinemateque in Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Participation in REEL Crafted Film Festival includes:
• Ability to promote event for marketing and publicity
• Featured in the Crafted Vancouver Programme Guidebook
• An Event Listing on CraftedVancouver.com during festival
• An archived individual webpage including images and links on craftedvancouver.com that festival attendees and website visitors can refer to pre and post festival
Local filmmakers receive (with events dependent on the recommended social distancing measures in place at the time)
• 2 tickets to the Pre-Festival Mixer in April for Event Partners only, our main pre-festival networking event connecting you with fellow festival participants
• 2 tickets to the Festival Opening Reception in May where Event Partners in attendance are introduced to an audience of festival participants
A follow-up note with further event details will be sent upon confirmation.
Image: How to Bend Concrete in 108 Easy Steps
A Film by Mahesh Madhav
Featuring Neal Aronowitz