Redwood Shorts and Scripts is an online film festival which is built with the intent of providing what every artist dreams of, their work going places, earning them recognition and making their names known to the world.
Redwood Shorts and Scripts provides an opportunity to promote your films digitally and make the same available to a wider range of audience through suitable channels. See point 17 under Submission Guidelines and rules to know more.
We have a wide range of categories and awards because we understand the nuances and want everyone to be awarded for their contribution in making films.
We urge everyone to go through the guideline and rules before they submit their work(s) to us and we take them on a whirlwind of promotion.
After going through guidelines and rules, should you need any further clarification, we shall be glad to provide them to you.
Best One Minute Fiction
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Zero Dialogue Film
Best Noir Short
Best Noir Feature
Best Drama Short
Best Drama Feature
Best Horror Short
Best Horror Feature
Best Thriller Short
Best Thriller Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Student Documentary
Best LGBTQI Short
Best LGBTQI Feature
Best Romantic Short
Best Romantic Feature
Best Comedy Short
Best Comedy Feature
Best Student Animation
Best Debut Film
Best Student Film
Best Student Director
Best Foreign Film
Best Regional Film
Best Sound Design
Best Special Effects
Best Feature Script
Best Short Script
Best Student Producer
1. Cash prize of $50 USD given to the winner in each of these three categories - Best Short Film, Best Feature Film and Best Screenplay.
2. Winners' Certificates +Laurel (digital)
3. Participation Certificates + Laurel (digital)
We urge each and every submitter to go through the following guidelines and the Rules very carefully.
1. Submit only original work. However, you may use any copyrighted music/score but with due credits and the same needs to communicated to us.
2. You may submit multiple films/scripts at one go and in more than one category.
3. There is no production year limit/restriction whatsoever.
4. We don't encourage submission of any work that stokes hatred towards any gender, race, cast, creed, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, atheism and or any other belief system, any ethnicity, any minority community . Any such submission shall be disqualified.
5. You should be able to vouch for the fact that no animals were harmed during the shooting if they have been a part of your film.
6. All submissions have to be in English or have to contain English subtitles embedded in the file you are submitting.
7. We accept submissions through FilmFreeway only.
8. We send email notifications via FilmFreeway and other suitable platforms to keep you updated of your work's selection status, results, offers, etc.
9. The results shall be declared on our website within 24 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
10. You shall receive the laurel within 24 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
11. The Digital Certificates shall be emailed to you within 48 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
12. We encourage submitters to talk about their work, whether script or film(s) and share the videos with us so that we promote your work digitally though our social channels.
13. Do not ask us for a complete waiver as we utilise every bit of the submission fee you pay to create marketing collateral; promotion; paying honorarium to our jury; and other administrative costs. However, from time to time, we send out discount codes and other exciting offers to a batch of filmmakers who are deserving.
14. All decisions regarding selection/disqualification/awards are taken by the management committee of the Redwood Shorts & Scripts based on the decision of jury are final and cannot be contested.
15. We provide a free micro review of your work if it is a title winner and promote the same through our social channels and website.
16. There is a cash prize of $50 USD to the winner in each of these three categories - Best Short Film, Best Feature Film and Best Screenplay.
17. Title winners, if they provide permission, their work shall be virtually screened [one time] to our wide range of audience through suitable medium such as Facebook Watch Party, etc.
18. We shall provide certificate of selection to each selected entry.