FILM SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2018!!
Recently named one of Film Freeway's Top 100 Film Festivals out of the nearly 9,000 worldwide, The Red Dirt International Film Festival is where film goes to have fun. We love movies and a good time. We are pleased to showcase films and screenplays* of many genres. During its 3-day run March 29-31 2018, we will kick-off our 5th season by featuring a very diverse-selection of films as we equally love a good comedy, horror film, drama, or documentary. We encourage submissions from directors who will be able to attend the entire festival as we love to meet and network; forming friendships with fellow filmmakers and learning from each other is a key part of our festival!
Red Dirt was formed to bring more inspiration, culture, and entertainment to central Oklahoma, as well as to enliven people of all ages through the united power of the film medium. In addition to films we have parties each evening, workshops, panels, Q&A's, live music, networking events and whatever else our creative minds create year-to-year!
The fest is held in the student union on the Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater, Oklahoma. It is the largest student union in the world and we are thrilled to have use of the theater there! Campus is gorgeous and has restaurants and the Atherton Hotel (our host hotel) connected to the student union so you can walk right from your hotel to the theater!
Stillwater is the launchpad for a number of other amazing things such as the world-famous Eskimo Joe's restaurant, musicians such as The All-American Rejects, Garth Brooks, Red Dirt Music; Oklahoma State University, and actors such as James Marsden, and Gary Busey.
We thank YOU for your submissions and look forward to having you as part of our festival!
* Winners of the Best Feature Screenplay award will receive an
InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers. Producers have made more than 200 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
Awards & Prizes
Best Writing (Narrative)
Best Narrative Feature
Best Concept (Documentary)
Best Narrative Short
Best Production Design
Best Experimental/Art Film
Best Micro Short Film
Best Foreign Language Film
Best Lead Actor
Best Lead Actress
Best Animated Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best High School Film
Directors' Choice Award
Best Short Script
Best Feature Screenplay
Rules & Terms
1. Red Dirt International Film Festival accepts submissions of all genres, excluding porn films.
2. All films must be submitted through FilmFreeway as an online screener. If accepted, exhibition copies must be a private downloadable Vimeo link or MP4 format.
3. Films in distribution may be accepted.
5. All feature film submissions must be over 45 minutes in length.
6. All short film submissions must be under 45 minutes in length.
7. Micro short films are 6 minutes or less.
8. Animated, experimental and student film submissions of all lengths will be considered.
9. Films produced in languages other than English MUST have English sub-titles.
10. Submitting your film authorizes RDFF to use clips or images to advertise or promote your film and/or the overall festival mission.
11. Students must include proof of student status (copy of student ID) at the time of production. Students will need to currently be in high school (or middle school) to submit.
11. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.