The Ratzo Film Festival is a home for an intercultural meeting that crosses borders and sectors, by providing a stage for a work that deals with the search for the divine and the sublime as a unifying and common universal factor.
In recent years we have witnessed a lively but uncoordinated film scene dealing with the human search for the divine and the sublime. Creators from different sectors and parts of society operate in this space and those who apply An arena for creativity and discourse. The Ratzo Film Festival will be a home for a cross-cultural-traditional meeting and a model for conversation and bridges around the search as a unifying and common universal factor. The festival will connect approaches, ideas and people from East and West and will give the audience a unique and rich cultural experience.
The festival takes place on November 1 to November 2 2023, in Jerusalem for the 2nd time. The festival will host filmmakers, and provide master classes, workshops, lectures, and talks inspired by the films.
The festival is produced in partnership with Beit Uri Zvi, a cultural and educational center dedicated to creation, study and thinking in the spirit of the legacy of Uri Zvi Greenberg.
Each short film will be reviewed at least for three judges after the film is scored by our screening team.
You can submit your film in any of the Main Competitions and automatically your film will be considered for all Technical & Performances Categories with no extra cost. You don't need to pay any additional category fee.
Our event will hold 5 Competitions by movie genre.
We proudly announce our Main Competitions:
* Narrative Shorts Competition
* Foreign Shorts Competition
* Documentry Shorts Competition
* Animation Shorts Competition
* Student Shorts Competition
TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES
These categories are all complimentary.
When you enter a Main Competition, your film is automatically considered in all Technical and Performance Categories. Simply check all of the free categories you want to be considered and enter the names of the artists in the Custom Form.
Best Production Design
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
* In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
* We accept films from all years.
* All fees are non-refundable.
* Any film must have English subtitles.
* Ratzo Film Festival will not be responsible for damaged copies.
* A downloadable high definition link (.mov or .mp4) of the film is required in case the movie is selected to be screened.
* Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no feedback will be given about not selected films.
* Ratzo Film Festival can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address.
* The applicants (submitters) must accept Ratzo Film Festival Rules and Terms.
* By submitting your movie, you authorize Ratzo Film Festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
* Maximum length allowed is 40 minutes.
* We do not require premiere status.