Compete for our solid bronze Anchor award and other prizes!
The second Ramsgate International Film and TV Festival will be held in Ramsgate with its stunning Royal Harbour, unique in England.
The Festival focus is to show new works and help promote film makers and cultural awareness. Screenings are complemented by a strong programme of quality events and seminars, with industry professionals of high reputation.
Patron of the Festival is Brenda Blethyn (Secret & Lies, Vera,...), BAFTA, Globe and Cannes Best Actress Winner and Oscar Nominated. Brenda will also pick the winner of the First Feature Film Category.
Last year, Jury members included Andy Mayson (co-CEO of Altitude), film distributor of Oscar winners '20 Feet From Stardom', 'Amy Winehouse' and 'Moonlight'.
To add to the experience, festival goers will have the opportunity to explore the area rich in culture, maritime heritage and historic architecture, and enjoy its waterside and cafés.
Awards & Prizes
Anchor for Best Feature
Special Brenda Blethyn Prize: Best First Feature Film
Audience Award: Best Feature
Audience Award: Best Short
The Anchor Trophy is a solid bronze statuette cast from a clay prototype crafted by local and internationally renowned artist, Dominic Grant.
The Ramsgate IFTV fest is also collaborating with local emerging and established artists, who will present each winning filmmaker with an original especially commissioned work of art.
Rules & Terms
1. Running time:
- Feature narrative film: min. 60 min
- Short narrative film: max. 30 min
- Feature documentary: min. 40 min
- Short documentary: max. 40 min
2. UK Premiere is preferred but not mandatory, they must NOT however have previously screened publicly online.
3. All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2015 at the earliest.
4. Films can be submitted via either of the following forms:
- online screener: should be named 'submission number' + Title
- DVD: labelled with submission number + Title + running time + contact name with email address and telephone number.
5. Submission fees are not refundable.
6. DVD submissions should be sent:
Ramsgate International Film & TV Festival
18 Wilfred Road
7. All shipping costs to and from Ramsgate IFTV fest must be borne by the party submitting, including Customs fees. Ramsgate IFTV fest will not pay for any costs on reception.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
DVDs and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry.
8) The filmmaker acknowledges ownership of copyright or license of all material submitted and the festival will not be held responsible by any infringement of the copyright law.