The festival features top films from the world’s filmmakers as well as introduces new, talent from around the world. Our mission is to discover high quality and ambitious films, to promote filmmakers’ works and to help them realize their dreams.
The officially selected project in each month receives RIFF laurel.
All the Finalists, Winners and Honorable Mentions will be listed on our website, will be shared on our social media.
All monthly winners of the period from JULY 2021 to JUNE 2022 will be automatically nominated for the prestigious BEST GOLDEN SHELL AWARDS.
The certificates are given in the following categories:
Best Feature Films
Best Documentary Feature film]
International Competition - Short Films
Indian Competition - Short Films
Best Director [ International & Indian Short Film ]
Best Actor [International & Indian Short Film ]
Best Actress [International & Indian Short Film ]
Documentary Films (Any length)
Experimental Films (Any length)
Treatment / Synopsis
Performing Arts (Any length)
Student films (Any lengths)
Best Cinematography (Fiction & Documentary)
Best Editing (Fiction & Documentary)
Best Sound Designing (Fiction & Documentary)
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Drone Films (Any length)
Web and New Media (Any length)
Mobile Film (Any length)
Young Filmmaker (Under 18) (Any length)
Debut Filmmaker (1st or 2nd Film)
Horror / Science Fiction / Genre Film (Any length)
Women's Films (Any length)
Film on Women (Any length)
LGBT Film (Any length)
Animated Films (Any length)
Family / Children's Films (Any length)
Educational Films (Any length)
Films on Disability Issue (Any length)
Films on Religion (Any length)
Films on Nature / Environment / Wildlife (Any length)
Travel Films (Any length)
Silent Film (Any length)
One Minute Film
Post-modern Films (Any length)
Free Speech (Any length)
Television / Pilot Program or Series (Any length)
Commercial / Advertisement
Trailer/Teaser (5 minutes or less)
Film / Video Poster
Photography (Photos from film set included)
Best VFX Artist
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film.
By submitting your film into competition in the RAMESHWARAM INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (RIFF), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
RIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2015, regardless of content, subject, or origin.
Submitting your film to the RIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
All the winning films will receive an award or certificate.
We treat every filmmaker equally.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The RIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
3. The RIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the RIFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
4. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
5. A nominee will be privately screened for the RIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
6. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. RIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.