The Raleigh Film & Art Festival is a creative explosion and a wonderful exploration of art,
music and film. This three-day event includes amazing parties showcasing painters, tattoo artists, filmmakers, jewelry makers, fashion designers, jazz, blues,
R&B, neo-soul, spoken word and panels/seminars.
The place to be for creators and appreciators of genuine artistic expression!
Awards & Prizes
Jury awards are given for the following competitive categories:
with 300$ awarded to ~Best Over All~
Experimental films, animated films, music videos, feature films, "mid-length" films (of 20-45 minutes), documentary and shorts.
Jury award prizes vary from year to year as sponsorship allow but typically include goods, services and awards.
Rules & Terms
2018 Raleigh Film Festival TERMS OF ENTER
• Filmmakers whose films are accepted for competition will be notified by email by approximately August 31,2018. All the privileges due filmmakers will be specified in this correspondence.
• All filmmakers with a film in competition will receive a VIP pass, giving free access to all events and screenings (subject to availability) at the Festival. These passes are non-transferable and must be worn at all times in clear view. Passes are not sent by mail, but must be picked up in person at the designated Festival site.
• Raleigh Film Festival promotes the schedule of screenings via media including newspapers, emails, television and radio. Raleigh Film Festival encourages filmmakers to help promote their films by promoting their screening(s) to industry professionals, distributors, the press and the general public.
• For entries selected to the 2018 Festival, an exhibition print or video of the film in proper format (35mm, BetaSP, DigiBeta, DVCam, Mini DV, HDCam, DCP or File (MP4 or MOV (H.264)). Failure to comply with technical specifications may result in the removal of the film from Festival competition.
• Filmmakers may not install banners or posters at the theaters without the official authorization of Raleigh Film Festival .
***all entry fees are non refundable***
Exhibiting filmmaker (“Exhibitor”) represents and warrants that:
1. All persons who are featured in the film have given unrestricted permission for use of their images, words, and performances, waiving or assigning to Exhibitor all rights including but not limited to copyrights and moral rights.
2. To the extent any pre-existing material is used in the film that is not original to Exhibitor, except brief clips of video and/or audio material used only to the extent reasonably necessary for purposes of public criticism, commentary and documentary reporting relevant to the thesis of the film, Exhibitor has obtained unrestricted permission from all rights holders for use of the material in the film and for display and performance of the film or any portions thereof in any and all venues and media, including for promotional purposes.
3. To the extent any remaining rights relating to the film are owned by third parties, Exhibitor warrants that Exhibitor has all rights and permissions necessary to permit the showing of the film at the Raleigh Film Festival (a program of Artist Christopher Terrell Inc referred to hereinafter, collectively, as “Raleigh Film Festival”) and any other events sponsored by Raleigh Film Festival at which Exhibitor agrees or has agreed the film may be exhibited, and for use of excerpts or portions thereof in any and all venues and media, including for promotional purposes.
4. All materials submitted to Raleigh Film Festival are otherwise the original work of Exhibitor (and its employees, if any), and not of any third party.
5. Exhibitor has good and marketable title to the entire submitted work. Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Raleigh Film Festival from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorneys fees) resulting from or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties that are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this Exhibition Agreement.
By completing the online entry form, Exhibitor constitutes his/her full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof and that Exhibitor has read and complies with the 2018 Raleigh Film Festival Terms of Entry.