RVK Feminist Film Festival has a simple aim, strengthen female film directors and
equalize gender deficit in the film business all over the world.
The festival will take place from the 16-19th of January 2020, in the midst of the famed Icelandic winter, where you can experience world class film-making by female directors from all over the world, join in on eye opening Q&As and workshops, as well as lavish in all the Icelandic winter has to offer, Northern lights and all.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of the first annual RVK Feminist Film Festival and mingle with fellow film-makers in the extraordinary setting of Reykjavik in the winter
Like many of the great Film Festivals across the world, RVK. F.F.F. seeks to bring our audience compelling and unique content that inspires the viewers and honors the filmmakers.
We are proud to be partnered with the European FilmAwards kicking off 2020 as the first festival to celebrate film culture in Iceland leading up to the awards in Reykjavik in December 2020.
Please feel free to go to our website for up-to-date information about the festival program and other information you might need; rvkfemfilmfest.is
We also post updates on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rvkfemfilmfest/
Awards & Prizes
The whole festivities of the festival will culminate in an awards show where the
submitted films will have the opportunity to win in their categories.
The prices the awarded films will receive will be announced on our website as and
When they get confirmed.
The award categories are as follows:
· Best Icelandic short film
· Best international short film
· Best documentary short film
All selected submissions will get the opportunity to participate in the exclusive opening
and closing events, as well as access to all workshops, Q&As, screenings and more.
Rules & Terms for submissions
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your film.
By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
For additional information about RVK. F.F.F., our selection process and what we look for, visit www.rvkfemfilmfest.is/faq
For any additional information concerning submissions, contact us via our website
1) All films submitted must have a female director
2) The runtime of the film must not exceed 30 min.
3) All films must have been completed within the four years prior to January 2020
4) Films must have English subtitles, no matter what language it is in originally.
5) All genres are welcome.
Please state clearly which category you ́d like you film to be considered for, in regards to nominations for the awards.
6) RVK Feminist Film Festival is a non-profit organization and we do not pay Screening Fees
7) Films must be submitted via online screener - we do not accept hard copies of DVDs
8) RVK Feminist Film Festival does not require World Premiere but appreciates if you notify us if you are either a World Premiere, International Premiere (your first premiere outside your country of origin).
9) Submission fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry. All submissions for RVK Feminist Film Festival through FilmFreeway. The submission fee is non-refundable.
10) Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail on or around the 16th of December 2019. Awards nominees will be notified by the 10th of January 2020. RVK Feminist Film Festival does not send physical mail — please make sure the email address in your entry form is accurate. Changes of email addresses can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. RVK. F.F.F. is not liable for emails delayed by spam filters, server rejections, outdated email addresses or any other technical or human error.
11) If an accepted filmmaker is unable to submit the final screening copy of the
film electronically, the filmmaker will be responsible for the mailing/shipping cost of the work for screening at the film festival. Films with incomplete materials by the deadline will forfeit their ability to screen in the festival. RVK Feminist Film Festival, its members, directors, employees, and volunteers are not responsible for lost, unplayable, misplaced, and undelivered film and media.
12) Submitted entry materials will not be returned.
13) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry and entry fee separately.
14) The Festival reserves the right to remove a film from the festival program for
any reason or for no reason and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal.
15) The submitting filmmaker must own the copyright to the work. In the case of any
legal dispute involving the film, RVK Feminist Film Festival will immediately remove the work from our program.
16) By submitting your film, RVK. F.F.F. is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any films submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is
authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
17) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless RVK Feminist Film Festival from and
against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.