RVK Feminist Film Festival invites audiences to a cinematic experience with feminism at its core. Screening diverse films in a wide variety of genres, the festival aim is to create a platform which strengthens the voice of filmmakers who identify as women. In an effort to equalise the gender deficit which is felt around the world, the festival's scope emphasises its vision to include those who do not already saturate the film industry.
The festival will take place from the 14-17th of January 2021, in the midst of the famed Icelandic winter (Northern Lights and all). Festival-goers are invited to embrace world-class films, the SISTER Awards, take part in Q&A’s, workshops, and networking events. 2021 will be RVK Feminist Film Festivals second year running. Held at a number of locations in the centre of Reykjavik, the main venue being the city’s only Art House cinema Bio Paradis. In collaboration with the Icelandic Film Museum, the festival will be screening films made by women who have paved the way for Icelandic cinema. RVK FFF is proud to announce a second year running in collaboration with Nordic Film Focus, RVK FFF hosts a number of screenings and events at the Nordic House.
The whole festivities of the festival will culminate in an awards show where the
submitted films will have the opportunity to win in their categories.
The prices the awarded films will receive will be announced on our website as and
When they get confirmed.
The award categories are as follows:
· Best Experimental short film
· Best Documentary short film
- Best Fiction short film
- Best Animation short film
- Best COVID-19 short film *shorts created during the pandemic from 01/03/2020 onwards
The filmmakers of the selected shorts have the opportunity to participate in RVK FFF exclusive events, including but limited to, the opening night, networking party, as well as access to all workshops, Q&As, screenings, and much more.
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your film.
By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
For additional information about RVK. FFF, our selection process and what we look for, visit www.rvkfemfilmfest.is
1) Films submitted must have a director that identifies as a woman.
2) The runtime of the film must not exceed 30 min.
3) Films must have been completed within the two years prior to the festival opening (01/01/2019 no films made prior to this date will be accepted).
4) Films must have English subtitles.
5) All genres are welcome.
Please select from the awards list the best-suited category for the film submission.
6) RVK Feminist Film Festival is a non-profit organization and the festival does not pay Screening Fees.
7) Films must be submitted via online screener - RVK FFF does not accept hard copies.
8) RVK Feminist Film Festival does not require World Premiere but appreciates if the applicant notifies the festival if they are screening a World Premiere or International Premiere (first premiere outside of the country of origin).
9) Submissions for the SISTER Awards are only accepted via FilmFreeway.
Submission fees are in U.S. dollars, the submission fee is non-refundable.
10) Submitting filmmakers will be notified by e-mail on or around the 20th of December 2020 as to if their film has been selected for the 2021 SISTER Awards. RVK Feminist Film Festival does not send physical mail — for this reason, please make sure that the email address on the entry form is accurate. Changes of email addresses can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. RVK FFF is not liable for emails delayed by spam filters, server rejections, outdated email addresses, or any other technical or human error.
11) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry and pay a separate entry fee for each submission.
12) RVK FFF reserves the right to remove a film from the festival program for
any reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims for such removal.
13) The submitting filmmaker must own the copyright to the work. In the case of any
legal dispute involving the film, RVK FFF will immediately remove the work from the program.
14) By submitting a film to the SISTER Awards - RVK FFF is granted the right to utilize excerpts from films that are accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that they are
authorized to commit the film for screening, that they understand and accept these requirements and regulations.
15) The applicant agrees to indemnify RVK Feminist Film Festival for any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and or expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of a claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, and screening.