The REAKTOR Indian Film Festival presents contemporary Indian art-house productions to the Austrian audience. At the same time business events aim at connecting Austrian filmmakers, producers as well as distributors and film institutions with their Indian counterparts.
REAKTOR, a private multidisciplinary art space in Vienna, houses 1.200m² of exhibition space. Therefore the institution's cinema program is embedded into art exhibitions, concerts, readings and performances. The REAKTOR Indian Film Festival will be accompanied by panel discussions with the audience and a business event for the networkers.
REAKTOR's initiator and writer-director, Bernhard Kammel, a film maker himself, is also festival director. His experience in the whole production chain of a film gives him practical insights into the submitter's approach as well as the challenges of bringing a film to the public attention.
REAKTOR is housed in a freshly renovated historical building, itself often a location for film sets. Its cinema combines the unique historical atmosphere of Vienna's fin de siècle and a state of the art technical equipment.
The REAKTOR Indian Film Festival gives awards in three programatic categories:
Awardees will get the opportunity to reach the Austrian public through media cooperations and REAKTOR's own vod-platform. Expanses for accomondation during the festival will be covered for awardees by REAKTOR.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
In submitting a film, the submitter accepts all the rules and conditions for the REAKTOR Indian Film Festival 2019 as mentioned below.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- All films are to have been made in 2017 or later.
- Submitters must be 18 years of age or older to take part in REAKTOR film festivals.
- Parents / guardians may submit on behalf of minors.
- All submitted films are to include English subtitles regardless of audio language.
- REAKTOR film festivals only accept online screeners.
- While a work in progress may be accepted, only one version per film can be considered.
- If submitting to REAKTOR film festivals via FilmFreeway, the submitter agrees to represent all copyright holders of the submitted material.
- Entries to REAKTOR film festivals must not infringe Austrian and/or European law.
- Festival dates are subject to change. The filmmakers selected will be notified of any such changes as soon as possible.
- Submitters to REAKTOR film festivals guarantee that the film they enter is their own original work and that it does not infringe the copyright or other rights of third parties.
- The submitters acknowledge that all listed creators have authorized the submission.
- Selected films will be screened publicly up to two times in ticketed-for-profit screenings programmed by REAKTOR, with times and dates chosen by the REAKTOR programmers, within 365 days of the submission date.
- The films submitted are not to have any major theatrical distribution agreements likely to conflict with their selection for REAKTOR film festivals.
- Submitters selected for REAKTOR film festivals are to receive three festival passes.
- Submitters are to provide valid telephone and e-mail contact details.
- REAKTOR shall not be responsible for any films, posters or other materials that may go missing or be lost in transit.
- REAKTOR is unable to return original materials submitted for review.
- Submissions are non-returnable. Posters & press kits are non-returnable. All fees are non-refundable.
- REAKTOR is to provide accommodation for filmmakers recognised in one of the three categories.
- Films are to be delivered as DCP, arriving at least two weeks ahead of the screening.
- Only in exceptional cases will films be screened from BluRay.
- REAKTOR shall not bear the costs of any data media to be returned.
- Any filmmaker or member of their entourage who cause disruption or act aggressively, disrespectfully or threateningly towards staff, venue employees and/or festival staff may have their film being pulled from the exhibition without refund.
- In submitting works to REAKTOR film festivals, the submitter agrees to all the REAKTOR film festival rules as listed.
All films submitted to the festival will be viewed and rated by screeners and programmers – members and project associates of REAKTOR.
All judges and artistic consultants included in the process of selecting the films for REAKTOR film festivals are provided with the login data to the submitted online screeners.
The awardees’ selection will be justified by the jury. No correspondence will be entered into with members of the jury regarding feedback on any films that are not selected.
Films recommended by REAKTOR members or associates will also be taken into consideration for the judging process.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Failure to comply with REAKTOR film festivals guidelines, rules, regulations or eligibility may be cause for disqualification and result in having the submitted film pulled from a screening or from the competition as a whole.
In submitting to REAKTOR film festivals the submitters acknowledge that they have read, understood and agreed to follow the rules and regulations as listed.
In submitting to REAKTOR film festivals, entrants release and hold REAKTOR and its members and project associates harmless from and against all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation with the festival.
By submitting to REAKTOR film festivals, submitters grant REAKTOR the right to use any trailers or clips provided, press material, and/or stills from the movie in REAKTOR advertisements, press releases, programmes and/or on the REAKTOR website. If no such permission has been granted by the submitters, they are required to do so in a written note sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In submitting to REAKTOR film festivals, submitters acknowledge that they are not entitled to any refunds or claims for damages of any kind should the film not be screened due to technical and/or operational difficulties or if the film needs to be rescheduled or postponed for any reason. REAKTOR cannot be held responsible for damaged or non-functioning films.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations shall apply accordingly.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold REAKTOR harmless from any claim, expense or demand including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Republic of Austria, excluding conflict of law provisions thereof that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Austria. You agree to receive service of process through certified mail or by other means sanctioned by law, and you expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum.
PRESS KIT REQUIREMENTS
In the event of selection, the following materials will be required: production stills and set photos (optional) in conventional image formats | director’s biography/filmography in English | short synopsis in English – maximum 1,500 characters including spaces | list of the main cast and crew | film poster or other artwork for the purposes of publicising the film’s screening | trailer or clip to be posted on www.reaktor.art