Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Realtime International Film Festival (RTF)
Our Festival Catalogue Theme for 2018 is "STORIES THAT TOUCH" while the Festival Program theme is "BASELINE"
Our vision is “to build a truly International, all - inclusive and remotely accessible Film Festival”.
Our corporate VISION is “to become the biggest and most acclaimed technology – driven, remotely accessible Festival in Africa." Our MISSION is to create a platform that fosters equity among filmmakers; in other words, "Where everyone feels equal"
'Our LANGUAGE is "FILM", our MEDIUM is "TECHNOLOGY" and we celebrate the "HUMAN TALENTS"
The Festival accepts entries from filmmakers across the world without discrimination. We also offer waivers for submission fees to filmmakers from countries like Iran, Pakistan and others who can't pay for submissions due to limitations caused by sanctions imposed on their countries.
We celebrate the FILMS (especially Artistic Films) and their MAKERS. We also celebrate and expose current TECHNOLOGIES that affect the art of film making. That's our focus hence, we do not seek to be the most glamorous Festival, but rather, the most all-inclusive, most Innovative, and most Eco-friendly and "Technology attentive" Festival in Africa that attracts the world!
For more details, visit our website: http://www.realtimefilmfestival.com
Awards & Prizes
RTF 2018 FESTIVAL REWARDS:
Please read carefully.
Presentation of Awards is based on Submissions in the relevant categories. Awards will NOT be presented in any Category where submissions are not made appropriately before the last deadline.
Films submitted to the NON - COMPETITIVE categories are also not eligible for Awards. These submissions are mostly by established filmmakers who wish to exhibit their films, but are not interested in winning Awards hence, submission in these categories is absolutely FREE.
The HOURGLASS AWARD will be presented to the BEST REALTIME MOVIE. This is captured in a REALTIME FILM CHALLENGE; Where filmmakers will start new film projects in the early hours of the last day of the Festival, and attempt to finish them before a given deadline (usually 2 hours to the Closing Ceremony / Awards Presentation). The films are expected to be a minimum of Five minutes long and must have a great story, beautiful Cinematography, Lighting and Sound.
The best Three REALTIME FILM CHALLENGE MOVIES will be showcased during the closing Ceremony.
NON COMPETITIVE & FREE TO SUBMIT
1. SHORT FILM SHOWCASE (Non - Competitive & FREE to submit)
2. FEATURE FILM / DOCUMENTARY SHOWCASE (Non - Competitive & FREE to submit)
COMPETITIVE & FREE TO SUBMIT
1. FILMS MADE BY A CHILD DIRECTOR AGED 7 - 15 (COMPETITIVE & FREE to submit)
2. BEST FILM MADE "FOR KIDS" - By Any Filmmaker (COMPETITIVE & Free to submit)
3. BEST AFRICAN ANIMATION (COMPETITIVE & FREE to submit)
4. BEST 360 Degree Video (COMPETITIVE & FREE to submit)
5. BEST ADVERT / COMMERCIAL (COMPETITIVE & FREE to submit)
6. BEST MOVIE BY AN AFRICAN FEMALE DIRECTOR / PRODUCER (COMPETITIVE & FREE to submit)
THE BIG SEVEN
1. BEST FESTIVAL THEMED FILM (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
2. BEST DIRECTOR (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
3. BEST SCREENPLAY (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
4. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
5. BEST EDITOR (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
6. BEST LIGHTING DESIGNER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
7. BEST SOUND DESIGNER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
GENERIC AWARD CATEGORIES
(COMPETITIVE WITH SUBMISSION FEES APPLICABLE)
1. BEST DOCUMENTARY - Worldwide (COMPETITIVE)
2. BEST MOVIE BY A FOREIGN FEMALE DIRECTOR / PRODUCER (Non - African) (COMPETITIVE)
3. BEST UNCOMPLETED MOVIE - WORK IN PROGRESS - Movies still in the making (COMPETITIVE)
4. BEST NOLLYWOOD SHORT FILM - New Filmmakers (COMPETITIVE)
5. BEST NOLLYWOOD SHORT FILM - Established Film makers (COMPETITIVE)
6. BEST NOLLYWOOD (NIGERIAN) FEATURE FILM (COMPETITIVE)
7. BEST AFRICAN SHORT FILM - For other African Countries except Nigeria (COMPETITIVE)
8. BEST FOREIGN SHORT FILM - Outside Africa (COMPETITIVE)
9. BEST FOREIGN FEATURE FILM - Outside Africa (COMPETITIVE)
10. BEST MOVIE FROM FRANCOPHONE AFRICA (COMPETITIVE)
11. BEST AFRICAN FEATURE FILM - All other African Countries except Nigeria (COMPETITIVE)
12. BEST MUSIC FILM - Music Videos with great story lines (COMPETITIVE)
13. BEST LEAD ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
14. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
15. BEST LEAD ACTRESS (COMPETITIVE)
16. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (COMPETITIVE)
17. BEST CHILD ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
18. BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS / PROSTHETIC MAKE UP (COMPETITIVE)
19. BEST ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (COMPETITIVE)
20. BEST INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION (COMPETITIVE)
21. BEST VISUAL EFFECTS (vfx) (COMPETITIVE)
22. BEST POETRY (COMPETITIVE)
23. BEST SPOKEN WORD (COMPETITIVE)
24. BEST STUDENT FILM - Worldwide (COMPETITIVE)
25. BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY (COMPETITIVE)
26. BEST CELL PHONE / TAB MOVIE (COMPETITIVE)
27. BEST INSPIRATIONAL / CHRISTIAN FILM (COMPETITIVE)
28. BEST INSPIRATIONAL / MUSLIM FILM (COMPETITIVE)
29. BEST 3D MOVIE (COMPETITIVE)
THE HOURGLASS AWARD
30. BEST REALTIME MOVIE (To be shot & completed on the final day of the Festival)
CERTIFICATES FOR TEAMS AT THE REAL TIME FILM CHALLENGE:
1. Best TEAM (Innovation)
2. Best TEAM (Production ethics)
3. BEST TEAM (Deadline Record Time)
4. Best Behind the scenes edit.
6. Best Production stills
7. Best Movie Title
8. Best lead Actor in a Real-time challenge film
9. Best supporting Actor in a Real-time challenge film
10. Best lead Actress in a Real-time challenge film
11. Best supporting Actress in a Real-time challenge film
INDUSTRY SPECIALTY AWARDS (PLAQUES)
1. AWARD FOR BEST STUNTS PERSON (Winner & First Runner-up )
2. AWARD FOR BEST REAL-TIME FILM PROJECT (First and Second Runners-up )
3. AWARD FOR BEST PROSTHETIC MAKE-UP SPECIALIST (First Runner-up )
HONORARY AWARDS (CERTIFICATES)
1. Best Trailer
2. Best P & A and Merchandising
3. Best Technology - Production
4. Best Technology - Post Production
5. Fantastic Brand Support
CLOSING DAY STUDENTS' PERFORMANCE (CERTIFICATES):
1. (Best Primary School performance)
2. (Best Secondary School performance)
3. (Best University/ Polytechnic / College of Education performance)
Total: 72 Rewards
18 Certificates / Medals
Rules & Terms
By submitting to this festival, the submitter acknowledges that their film poster(s), and excerpts from trailer(s) and teaser(s) can be used by the festival organizers to promote the submitted entries and the festival's interest. Submitted Project files are also archived for Library purposes except a filmmaker requests otherwise; in which case the file is deleted right after it is screened during the festival.
All payments made for IN-COMPETITION submissions are non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RTF DOES NOT PAY FILMMAKERS FOR SCREENING THEIR MOVIES. Submitting to the Festival means that the filmmaker has read through the Rules and Terms, and agrees to them.
For submissions on our official website, log on to:http://www.realtimefilmfestival.com/
For emails relating to submissions, e-mails should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official correspondence should be sent to email@example.com