QFest St. Louis, now in its 16th year, uses the art of contemporary gay cinema to spotlight the lives of LGBTQ people and celebrate queer culture. QFest is presented by Cinema St. Louis, organizers of the St. Louis International Film Festival. Submissions should be relevant to LGBTQ audiences.
Conditions for Eligibility:
This is a competitive, curated event, and submission does not guarantee an invitation.
All films must fulfill the following requirements:
1) Be relevant to LGBTQ audiences.
2) Be fully completed by entry deadline (NO works-in-progress).
3) Be a St. Louis theatrical premiere.
4) Be submitted with English subtitles if in a language other than English.
5) Be submitted with complete entry information and appropriate payment.
6) Not be widely available on video/DVD, cable, YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, or VOD in the St. Louis region before the festival dates. A film's availability on one of these platforms does not absolutely disqualify an entry, but first priority will be given to works that are true premieres.
Provide complete information on FilmFreeway. Films should be submitted as secure online screeners on the platform.
All entrants will be notified of the status of their submission by e-mail no later than March 31, 2023.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will not include criticism or feedback specific to your entry.
If your film is selected, publicity images must be sent immediately (300 dpi or higher electronic images are preferred in .jpg or .png format). All invited films must be immediately available for upload or delivery on invitation.
Cinema St. Louis (CSL) will not be held responsible for any legal disputes regarding the exhibition of this film. Music rights and all copyright clearances are the sole responsibility of the filmmaker.
Please contact Cinema St. Louis for questions and clarifications.