Primavera Film is the first itinerant and hybrid Festival in Barcelona, where we want to show all the best movies we receive during the year.
The next edition of Primavera Film Festival will be in springtime 2024, in various locations of the city. This will be our 5th edition of the festival and we invite the filmmakers from the whole planet to send us their works.
We accept feature films, short films, documentaries, cartoons, music videos and video art.
Please follow Primavera Film Festival Barcelona on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/primaverafilmbcn/
- Best International Feature Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best Actors
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editing
- Best Screenplay
- Best Documentary
- Best Animation
- Entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2020.
- We accept entries between 15/06/2023 and 01/06/2024
- Foreign language movies must be subtitled in English or Spanish. For the selected movies in the official competition we will ask a Spanish or English subtitled version for screening.
- We accept all kind of audiovisual works and any film genre: feature films (between 60 min. and 180 min.), short films (between 1 min. and 30 min.), documentary, videoclip etc.
- Entries must be submitted via an online platform and include a working screener accessible via that platform in order to be considered.
- Films selected for screening will be notified on or around June 15th, 2024.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Entry Fee paid via FilmFreeway. DVD are not accepted. Only by request we can accept files through Wetransfer or similar platforms.
- A working screener accessible via your film’s profile on FilmFreeway or Vimeo. We also welcome works in progress, trailers, reels and other kind of distribution and promotional works.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The filmmaker has read and understood all the rules and regulations. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to the Primavera Film Festival Barcelona.
- Primavera Film Festival Barcelona reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
- Films could have publicly screened in the Barcelona area prior to the festival and world premieres are not requirements for Primavera Film Festival Barcelona, but this information is taken into consideration when we‘ll making final programming decisions.
- As itinerant and hybrid Festival, all accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the Primavera Film Festival Barcelona staff without previous communication to the author.
- Films produced or financed by a major motion picture studio are eligible for festival screenings and also eligible for competitive awards. Films that have acquired distribution are eligible for festival screenings but are not eligible for competitive awards.
- Upon submission, the filmmaker consents to allowing their screener material to be shared in its entirety with appropriate Primavera Film Festival Barcelona staff, including programming staff, volunteer screeners, and other appropriate members of staff; shared with press outlets in efforts to secure press for the film; with final jury members; and with select individuals representing community partners who may be interested in supporting the film’s screening or taking part in a panel associated with the film.
-The festival is hereby also granted the right to utilize image(s) and/or biographical information of the filmmakers for promotional purposes. The festival reserves the right to fill in any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. The filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless Primavera Film Festival Barcelona from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- Primavera Film Festival Barcelona does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
- The prizes of the festival will be announced online.
- By submitting, the filmmaker expressly acknowledges and agrees that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.