The "Premio Petrolini Short Film" is an International Competition that takes place every year at the Petrolini theater in Rome. We accept short films of any genre and theme, fiction and also documentaries, animations and music video. The maximum accepted duration is 40 minutes. The film must have been finished no more than 3 years before the festival edition. No première status is required. All Short Films in a language other than Italian or English must have subtitles in Italian or English.
The 5 Finalist Works will be screened at the Petrolini theater in Rome and will receive the exclusive plaque of the "Premio Petrolini Short Film".
1) The duration allowed is less than 40 minutes including credits;
2) Short Film of any kind are admitted (fiction, documentaries, animations, music);
3) All works in a language other than Italian or english must have subtitles in Italian or English;
4) The filmmaker can be of any age, gender and nationality;
5) The film must have been finished no more than 3 years before the festival edition;
6) No première status is required, therefore the film can also participate in other competitions and can be published on online platforms at the time of submission;
7) “Work in progress” is not allowed, so only definitive Short Films can be submitted;
8) The filmmaker guarantees the lawfulness of the film and declares that all content, including the soundtrack, are free of copyright, freeing the "Premio Petrolini Short Film" and its partners from any claims of any kind related to intellectual property;
9) The jury's decisions on the selected Short Films are unquestionable and the Festival cannot provide feedback on the jury's decisions;
10) Submission fees are non-refundable, so it's important to read these rules carefully to make sure that your Short Film meets the requirements;
11) Submission for the festival implies complete unconditional acceptance of these rules and authorization for public viewing of the finalists Short Films;
12) The Court of Rome is competent for any dispute.