Platonic Film Competition is a bi-annual film competition focusing on international cinema. Our aim is to support new filmmakers and to promote the research and development of new means of expressivity through storytelling as art among diverse audiences.
The film competition runs on a bi-annual basis. The final deadline for our next selection, as well as the notification date are posted in the right-grid competition timeline.
All winners will receive online certificate awards and laurels will be offered to all participants who made it to the Official Selection.
Only films selected in the Competition will be showcased in the Platonic Film Competition Official Screenings.
Platonic Film Competition will be an outstanding event, where the audience can see new films, participate in workshops and meet filmmakers.
We guarantee that a jury of film professionals will view all submitted films. We encourage filmmakers who created their films with a low budget to enter their film to the Platonic Film Competition. The judgement criteria of the submitted films are new ideas, experimental cinematography, talented work of actors and storytelling point of view.
2) Trophy (courier charges to be paid by the participant)
3) Special mention on our website and Facebook
4) Digitally Printable Certificate with festival seal
1) submissions through FilmFreeway only.
2) Download file is needed for the screening purpose.
3) All Genre acceptable.
4) Films selected for screening will be notified through email.
5) There is no production year barrier for submission.
6) You can submit as many as films you want.
7) Entry will not be valid without an entry fee.
8) No refund will be processed if the film is withdrawn/no accepted/disqualified or not shown for any other reason.
9) Festival committee's decision is final.
10) Rules & regulations may be changed by the festival committee without any intimation.
11) Festival does not deal with any copyright issues. All copyright issues should be resolved by the film submitter.
12) Filmmakers are allowed to use Platonic Film Competition laurels on their winning/nominated/selected films ONLY. They can be used on posters as well as on other media available.
13) If you have submitted your film in the earlier season and would like to compete again for the next season then write us an email to get a special waiver code (only applicable for the same film if the film is acceptable as official selection/winner in last edition, Non selected films not qualified under the rule).