The Pittsburgh Independent Film Festival is Pittsburgh's premiere film festival for truly independent films, and a headline event for micro-budget and no-budget films from around the world. PIIF offers a fantastic opportunity for undiscovered filmmakers to showcase their achievements, filmmakers who posses an independent vision and operate to create innovative work outside the studio system. We screen more films than all comparable festivals, screening 12 hours a day on both Saturday and Sunday, while still having relevant industry discussions between filmmakers in our filmmakers lounge. The 2016 and 2018 Best Feature Film secured a distribution deal as a result of our recommendation, upon winning our festival. PIFF uses the strength of the independent film making community to put on a fantastic festival. PIFF is an indie film festival by and for indie filmmakers.
Every film selected to be in the 2023 P.I.F.F will receive a OFFICIAL SELECTION Plaque to be presented at the Awards Ceremony Opening Night!
In addition to the OFFICIAL SELECTION plaques, Awards will be presented for the following categories:
Best Feature Narrative
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Narrative
Best Short Documentary
Best Music Video
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Official Regulations for the 2023 Pittsburgh Independent Film Festival
1. Entries that have screened on US television prior to the Festival are eligible for a Festival screening.
2. Productions produced after January 2009 are eligible.
3. If submitting DVD. Productions must be submitted on DVD Region 0 or 1,
4. Entries must be postmarked by the deadline date.
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
6. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
7. Upon notification of acceptance, trailers may be sent via email links to YouTube. This is a great marketing for getting an audience excited about your film.
8 .Upon notification of acceptance, Entrant will allow usage of film or script regardless of any deals made with distributors T.V stations or any other distribution deal. made after submission has been made. If accepted to the festival your film will screen and cannot be withdrawn for any reason NO exceptions. We do NOT pay screening fees of any kind, or provide transportation or Airfare to the festival for filmmakers.
9. We will look at works in progress.
10. NO Fee Waivers are available.
11. All Decisions by judges, programmers and organizers will be final and no refund of entry fee will be permitted.
12. Filmmakers will pay all transportation costs of shipping exhibition tapes / dvds to festival, DVD's, Flash Drives, Drives and Blu-rays WILL NOT BE RETURNED.