HCF is pleased to announce a new program for the Hollywood Talent Summit, the HCF PitchFest, which will take place at the Hollywood Casting and Film Studios in Hollywood, March 30th.
The HCF PitchFest will enable emerging filmmakers to pitch their projects to seasoned Hollywood professionals. Industry guests will be invited to the HCF Studios in Hollywood to hear filmmaker pitches and participate in discussions. Guests will include: distinguished writers, producers, directors, and development executives.
Semi-finalists will be notified, and be sent a Checklist of information and materials they will want to consider preparing for the Catalog and the Pitch sessions. All Semi-finalists will have an opportunity to participate in the Summit Catalog, with their project summaries and contact details.
10 Finalists, for both Film and TV categories, will pitch live to jury/panel at the Summit. Semi-finalists will will not "pitch" but will be invited to participate in the Summit festivities and, again, have their material included in the official Catalog.
In addition to the Pitch sessions, HCF will host industry mixers, creating opportunities for filmmakers to network with potential partners and mentors, in an effort to advance their filmmaking careers.
Our mission is to provide an avenue of exposure for talented filmmakers looking to bring their feature films or TV pilots into production.
10 Finalists will be recognized in each of the categories, and will receive the following:
• Complimentary Production Service prizes (valued at $10,000 per project), including:
(1) Access to green screen studio
(2) Camera package (Sony PXW-X70 w/lens) and
(3) Sound package (Rode Sound kit w/ NTG-2 Mic, boom, headphones, cable)
• Complimentary membership to HCF
• Complimentary VIP Passes to the Hollywood Talent Summit
• Invitation to participate in the Industry Network (to take place during Summit)
• Project consideration by Industry Professionals requesting finalist Materials
Submitting to PitchFest will always be free, as our mission is to create opportunities, not obstacles. For all Semi-finalists, we will request the following:
- Include your synopsis and any attachments.
- Be prepared to pitch your project in less than 5 minutes.
- Fill out a "Pitch Checklist" - a document that will include details about your project including: (a) project name, (b) estimate budget, (c) shooting location, (d) And tentative actors cast. Note: Checklist will be sent to candidates selected as Semi-finalists.