REGULAR DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 10TH JULY!
The annual edition from this year onwards has been renamed as PONDICHERRY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2018 (PIFF 2018)
LIVE SCREENINGS ONLY
Welcome to the Pickurflick Indie Film Festival.
Started in 2017, Pickurflick Indie Film Festival aims to showcase independent cinema from across the globe. The festival celebrates the true spirit of indie film making and provides a platform where Indie film makers can showcase & get recognition for their work. Our inaugural edition received more than 550 films from 50 countries, out of which 170 films were selected. Screenings were held at Bangalore & Delhi from March to May 2017 with awards given across 12 categories. Pickurflick Indie Film Festival is an IMDb qualifying event.
Media Coverage of PIFF 2017: http://pickurflick.com/home/media
PIFF 2017 has been rated amongst the top unconventional film festivals in India.
We also kickstarted our monthly edition from November 2017 onwards for short format content (upto 30 min). PIFF Monthly was a huge success. It was conducted till February 2018 as now we open our call for entries for the annual edition. The finalists/winners from the monthly edition automatically qualify for PIFF 2018.
What makes PIFF truly unique is the ability to curate & showcase hidden gems and promote promising talent from the world of Indie cinema.
Pickurflick is a Global distribution platform for indie film makers. It helps to connect indie film makers with their relevant audience worldwide thereby helping them to monetize their content while providing differentiated offering to film lovers. The best of global indie flicks, short flicks, documentary and alternate content now come together on a single platform. Watch anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Best Short Film
1st Runner Up (Short Film)
Best Feature Film
Best Director (Feature)
Best Cinematography (Feature)
Best Screenplay (Feature)
Best Editing (Feature)
1st Runner Up (Documentary)
Best Animation Short
1st Runner Up (Animation)
1. All winners will receive cash prize, trophy, certificate & IMDb credits.
2. Winners residing outside India will have to bear the applicable shipping charges for shipping the awards from Delhi. Cash prizes will be paid via PayPal for International winners.
Pondicherry International Film Festival (PIFF) is scheduled for 26th-30th September 2018.
Submission Fees & Deadlines
1. Call for entries open from 26th March 2018 with early deadline on 26th April. Regular deadline is now extended to 10th July and late deadline to 20th July. All selected films will be notified via FilmFreeway and individual mails by 10th August. All rejections will be notified via FilmFreeway only on or before 10th August.
Short Films- Upto 45 mins
Feature Films-60 minutes & above
Documentary – Upto 60 mins
Animation Short-Upto 30 mins
3. Entry Fee:
Early Deadline ($) Regular Deadline ($) Late Deadline ($)
Date:26th April 2018 Date:10th July 2018 Date: 20th July 2018
Short Films 10 15 20
Feature Films 20 25 30
Documentary 10 15 20
Animation Short 10 15 20
1. All films should be independently produced and should not be produced/released by a major studio/network. Films which have been produced/acquired by digital platforms are eligible for submission).
2. Production/Release year of the film should be within 1st January 2016- 20th July 2018.
3. Entries accepted in all languages. All Non-English films should contain English subtitles.
4. Only HD format films are accepted.
5. All entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances.
6. All decisions such as selections & awards by PIFF selection committee and Award jury will be final & binding upon the participants. PIFF is under no obligation to provide any feedback for selections, rejections or awards.
7. Submitted films should not contain any content which violates/infringes copyright.
8. Any content that promotes racism, hatred amongst communities or religions, animal cruelty, and/or are religious/commercial progapaganda films, will not be accepted.
9. Films submitted in previous editions of PIFF (annual & monthly editions) are not eligible for submission ( except for Monthly finalists/winners).
10. Films already available on Pickurflick platform (except for Monthly finalists/winners) are not eligible to participate.
11. PIFF reserves the rights to use the posters/video clippings/trailers of the selected films for promotions on social media and its partner platforms.
12. Selected films can not be withdrawn once the festival programme is announced.
13. Selected films must provide all the required details of their films as per the format prescribed by PIFF including the digital copy of the film. Exact specifications will be communicated for all the selected films.
14. By submitting the film to PIFF, the applicant hereby confirms that he/she is the rightful owner of the film or has the right & authority to submit the film to PIFF for selection. The applicant also indemnifies PIFF, Pickurflick and its channel partners from any legal claim or dispute that may arise on the submitted film.
15. In case of films produced by a Film Institute, government agency, educational institute or any other organization, the applicant must provide written permission via mail (post selection) from the concerned authorities confirming the participation of the film in PIFF. Any kind of misrepresentation or failure to adhere to the norms of PIFF would lead to disqualification of the film.
16. The submitted film should not be under any kind of legal dispute.
17. The applicant must provide correct contact details and ensure prompt communication when contacted by PIFF team for any queries/requirements. In case of no response from the applicant after repeated attempts to contact, the film will be disqualified from PIFF.
18. Applicant must provide full legal names for the credits of the film either in FilmFreeway or via mail when contacted. Any kind of abbreviated or screen names will not be considered in PIFF festival schedule or while communicating about the film in media.