As filmmakers, we know how much hard work, sweat and tears go into creating independent films. We also know how precious it is for you to showcase your work and how important it is to share it with the audience.
Our mission is to showcase and promote the work of filmmakers worldwide, whilst creating a space where we can talk about films as well as network.
Phoenix Rising International Film Festival (PRIFF) is located in the bourgeoning Luton town, just 25 minutes away from London by train and 10 minutes from Luton Airport, making it the perfect hub for an international film festival. It's growing cultural status and population of young professionals means that if selected, your films will be screened to a varied audience.
This year we have the following prizes:
1. InkTip (www.inktip.com)
InkTip: Where everyone goes for scripts and writers.
3 Winners will receive a 4-month InkTip Pro Membership. As an InkTip Pro Member, thousands of filmmakers can find and read your scripts, and you'll be able to pitch directly to production companies every week. With over 3,000 options and 400 movies made, InkTip is the place for independent film.
The prizes from InkTip will be awarded to the winners of the following categories:
The Best Unproduced Script winner will be awarded 1 package of InkTip 4 months membership.
The Best Short Script winner will be awarded 1 package of InkTip 4 months membership.
The Best Short Film winner will be awarded 1 package of InkTip 4 months membership.
2. Filmustage (www. filmustage.com)
Filmustage is advanced software for film production management. It solves the problem of slow and still old-fashioned business processes in the film production industry.
The prizes from Filmustage will be awarded:
All Winners will receive 1-year subscription to Award Winning Plan (worth $468).
All Nominees will receive 6 months subscription to Award Winning Plan (worth $234).
All participants will receive a 30% discount on any subscription.
For Film Freeway
3. WriterDuet (www.writerduet.com)
WriterDuet is the cloud-based, professional screenwriting software used by over 1
million screenwriters, TV shows, and blockbusters.
4 Winners will receive WriterDuet Pro Lifetime license.
The prizes will be awarded to the winners of the following categories:
The Best Unproduced Script winner will be awarded 1 WriterDuet Pro Lifetime licence.
The Best Short Script winner will be awarded 1 WriterDuet Pro Lifetime licence.
The Best Short Film winner will be awarded 1 WriterDuet Pro Lifetime licence.
The Best Director winner will be awarded 1 WriterDuet Pro Lifetime licence.
The rest 16 Winners will receive 20% discount code that can apply to any purchase of a monthly/yearly WritersDuet subscription.
Awards will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Director (Short Film)
Best Screenplay (Short Film)
Best Actor (Short Film)
Best Actress (Short Film)
Best Supporting Performance (Short Film)
Best Cinematography (Short Film)
Best Costume Design (Short Film)
Best Film Editing (Short Film)
Best Production Design (Short Film)
Best Sound Editing (Short Film)
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Directing in a Documentary
Editing in a Documentary
Best Student Film
Best Queer Film
Best Music Video
Best Unproduced Screenplay
1. Phoenix Rising International Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. By submitting to Phoenix Rising International Film Festival, the entrant agrees that images from the film can be used in Phoenix Rising International Film Festival publications, the Phoenix Rising International Film Festival website and all other media outlets related to Phoenix Rising International Film Festival publicity and you indemnify Phoenix Rising International Film Festival against any responsibilities incurred by the screening of this film.
2. All Films made from 2020 onwards are welcome to enter.
3. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry. This includes rights for screening of music videos without paying additional licensing costs.
4. All films must either be in English or subtitled in English.
5. Films for the exhibition must be submitted by a downloadable link to hi-res copy of the film. Please note that exhibition copies of films will not be returned after the festival.
6. All films will be judged by Phoenix Rising International Film Festival Jury Panel and all filmmakers whose films were selected for screening will be notified by email.
8. We will request publicity materials: poster, three stills from the film and picture of director. These materials will be not returned.
9. We accept short films (documentary and narrative), animations, music videos and documentary feature films only.
By short film, we understand the film that is no shorter than 1 minute and now longer than 40 minutes.
By documentary feature film, we understand film that is no shorter than 40 minutes.
10. Whilst every effort will be made to run the festival as advertised, the festival reserves the right to make alterations including but not limited to the dates and the manner of the screenings. Should circumstances beyond our control prevent the festival from being held physically we will endeavour to run a digital online edition in its place or postpone the dates, and only cancel as a last resort.
Response from festival:
Thank you, Jennifer for your kind and touching words !!!! It is our first festival and were trying really hard to make sure that everyone feels taken care of. It is ashamed that we could not have met but we were honoured to show your film. Good luck with all the projects and hope to see more of your work in the future.