Philadelphia Arthouse Film Festival is an online based bi-monthly festival. The festival is looking for independent projects from all genres, particularly low or no-budget ones, as well as from all countries, especially from those traditionally underrepresented in the global film industry. The submitted projects are judged through private screenings by a random team of invited experts from academia and film industry from the region. From the pool of official selection, which has a very competitive acceptance rate, PWFF chose the nominees and award winners of the edition.
Best narrative US short
Best international short
Best first time short filmmaker
Best student short
Best documentary short
Best animation short
Best experimental short
Best horror short
Best dance short
Best sci-fi short
Best covid short
Best music video
Best web series
Best female centre story short
Best human rights‘ short
Best lgbtq short
Best female short director
Best male short director
Best short producer
Best original short screenwriting
Best unproduced short script
Best visual effect
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
– Philadelphia Arthouse Film Festival can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges’ team and no selection is guaranteed.
– Submitting your movie, you authorize Philadelphia Arthouse Film Festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
– Films can be available online and still be entered in the competition for our festival.
– Multiple submissions and multiple category submissions are accepted.
– Films must have been completed within the past 5 years.
– Shorts must be less than 50 minutes.
-We do not require premiere status.