Voted Top 100 in our first year, The Philadelphia Independent Film Awards happening May 15 thru May 19, 2019 is a five day event showcasing independent films, from the seasoned filmmaker to the new comer, we screen them all. Independent filmmakers deserve a platform where their work can be shown and that's what we provide, an atmosphere and a platform for filmmakers to come together, network and make new relationships and lasting friendships.
For the past three years, the Philadelphia Film Awards has grown to become one of the hottest and most important events in Philadelphia as well as a significant part of the indie film industry as a whole. Our selections focus solely on diverse independent films. Our motto is ,For filmmakers, by filmmakers! Filmmakers also have an amazing opportunity to have their films distributed with our new international distribution partner Shami Media Group, based in New York.
Selected films will be screened at the International House Philadelphia over four days and will be combined with events including networking mixers, culminating in our Red Carpet Awards Gala. You definitely want to be there in 2019 on the Red Carpet. We encourage you to read our reviews and see what attending filmmakers had to say about our festival. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the red carpet in 2019. PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT EXTEND FEE WAIVERS. Thank you.
Best Picture Domestic.
Best Documentary Award.
Best Short Film Award.
Best Student Film Award.
Best LGBTQ Award.
Tri State Film Award.
Best Web Series Award.
Best Picture Foreign.
Best Screenplay Award.
Best Actor Award.
Best Actress Award.
Best Supporting Male Actor.
Best Supporting Female Actor.
Best Animated Short Film.
Distribution with Shami Media Group
Films both domestic and foreign must be shot in High Definition. Foreign entries must be in English, subtitled in English or dubbed in English.
Works in progress will be accepted but must be clearly marked as such and what changes will be made when final and finished film is completed.
1. Feature films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
2. Foreign Films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
3 Documentaries up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
4. Short films 30 minutes or less including credits will be accepted.
5. Short narrative films from 30 to 45 minutes including credits will be accepted.
6. Student films up to 20 minutes including credits will be accepted.
To qualify for the Tri State Short Film category fifty percent or more of your film
must be shot in the Tri State area, Washington or Maryland.
7. LGTBQ films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
8. Screenplays up to 120 pages will be accepted.
9. Web series entrants may submit two original episodes of your series for consideration (as one file). Each episode must be no more than 15 minutes, all genres accepted: animation, drama, comedy, documentary style, reality based.
10. Animated films up to 30 minutes including credits.
11. Music videos will be a maximum of ten minutes in length including credits.
Your film, screenplay and music video must be copy written and must be the sole property of the submitter. Films made after 2014 will be accepted. If your film is selected for screening and nomination, upon being contacted you will be required to send a brief bio, press kit and TWO DVD copies of your film. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FILES, it must be an HD or Blu Ray film which is screening ready. Nominated films will be screened exclusively in a theater venue. There will be no online screenings. We do not accept stageplays. WE DO NOT EXTEND FEE WAIVERS Thank you.