The Patrick Lives On Annual Film Showcase & Fundraiser is a Chicago film showcase, fundraiser and industry networking event sponsored by Resolution Studios supporting the non-profit Patrick Lives On. Our founder, Patricia Frontain, lost her son Patrick to a senseless act of gun violence, then took her grief and turned it into a powerful non-profit to help at-risk teens. Patrick Lives On is a group of loving and determined citizens taking a stand in support of the safety of Junior High and High School age children in the Chicagoland area with funding for after-school programs. Patricia is the Script Supervisor for NBC’s Chicago PD. She is also a Director/Producer of various film projects throughout the United States.
- Run Time: 25 minutes or less including all credits
- Year of Completion: Must have been completed within the last 5 years
- Genre: All genres welcome (short, student, documentary, animation, music video, feature trailers, experimental, etc.)
- Philosophy: Enlightening, inspirational and uplifting storylines preferred
- Violence: Minimum accepted; no glorifying violence - especially guns
- You must apply via FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/PatrickLivesOn
- Anyone from the Midwest film community who has worked on a film in any capacity is eligible to apply. We follow The Census Bureau's definition of Midwest consisting of 12 states in the north central United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- A $35 non-refundable donation fee per film ($25 for students) is required with each submission. Note that all submission fees directly support the work of Patrick Lives On.
- Notice of acceptance will be sent by January 31, 2024.
- Selected filmmakers will receive 1 complimentary ticket.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.