Our Films go from PIFF to CANNES! And some even win! Such as the films: "Tuesday", "Our Father" and "Til Then/Bis Gleich"! Or perhaps your film will be acquired by the SHORTS HD Channel! Who's it going to be for 2018?!
PIFF Attendees: Martin Sheen, Michael Gross, Doris Roberts, Jason Ritter, Clare Kramer, Mimi Kennedy, John Bowe, Kim Coates, Melissa Fitzgerald, James Marsters, Jay O. Sanders, Lee Meriwether, Sadie Calvano, Tom Lenk, Charisma Carpenter, Dee Wallace, among others
Many of our films garner distribution at PIFF. We host a selection of the finest distribution companies at the top of their game who find gems at PIFF and go on to acquire them.
"The Pasadena International Film Festival is an experience not to be missed by filmmakers. From the elegant black tie Great Gatsby Gala Opening night, to the diverse, informative panels, to the top quality screenings in an actual mainstream movie theatre… in over ten years of traveling the festival circuit with multiple films, this was, hands down, one of the best-run festivals, and the best times I have even had AT a festival. I wish I had another film ready to go so I could submit next year!"
-- Filmmaker, Heather Connell
"You guys really put on a show! I can't imagine doing what you did to pull things together. The organization and logistics… everything ran so smoothly, and looked so positively effortless, that it belied all the long hours and dedication you poured into this project. You also managed to assemble a marvelous group of volunteers and staff, all of whom are to be commended for their work. I heard nothing but superlatives from all who attended. Filmmakers and audiences alike felt welcomed and nourished by the experience, and I feel certain that the good words they take home with them will go a long way to put this festival -- and your hospitality -- on the map. My wife and I, along with our friends, are already looking forward to next year's festival -- and to watching it grow in your capable hands."
-- Michael Gross, actor, T.V.'s "Family Ties"
The Pasadena International Film Festival seeks to create a place for artists to come together. Sure, there are many festivals, but there can never be a cap on creating art, can there? We harken back to a time of Old Hollywood, before this world got crowded, and jaded, and super-saturated… the entertainment industry was fresh and new… before the stock market crashed...when there was enough space, and time, and money for everyone. Parties lasted all night, and friendships lasted a lifetime. Won't you join us?
If accepted, winners receive All Access Passes, swag, Filmmakers receive a screening of their film at the beautiful Laemmle Playhouse 7 Cinema and a "Q and A" after every screening. Passes include access to our Filmmakers Lounge, Great Gatsby Gala, and Filmmakers Fiesta.
If you win an award, you receive a stunning Sculpture and Laurels for each award. In addition, our Jury is a cross-section of the best in the industry.
Our winning filmmakers go on to meet with top managers, agents, and other industry pros. For example, one of our jurors is part of Cannes Film Festival with the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase program, and has "discovered" films via PIFF. Our Jury are also in acquisitions and purchase films for their various outlets and platforms such as Shorts HD.
• All entries must be postmarked by January 26, 2018. Entries received after this date cannot be considered.
• All projects must have been completed after January 1st, 2015.
• Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
• All projects must not be (prior to Festival Screening) available to watch on Youtube.com, Vimeo, or any other such website.
• Entrant(s) confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• No project is definitively accepted until our hard-copy contract is signed by the project's producer(s).
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
• The Pasadena International Film Festival reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is diqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
By submitting to the Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF), you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1 - You must execute a release agreement wherein you (I) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (II) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (III) indemnify and hold harmless Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF), Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, all PIFF Sponsors, including but not limited to the City of Pasadena and any/all city departments, as well as PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, and representatives against any claim, including attorney's fees, arising out of exhibition, or non-exhibition of your film at PIFF, and (IV) you warrant the submission of your original work and warrant that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission in question.
2 - You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (I) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (II) a second exhibition copy, if your film is in competition (to accommodate juror screenings); and (III) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival (to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue). We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
3 - All exhibition copies must be delivered in DCP, or Blu-Ray format.
The Festival will arrange (and pay cost of) return shipping your print(s)/video(s) to one location after the conclusion of the Pasadena International Film Festival.
4 - The Pasadena International Film Festival cannot be held liable or responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement.
5 - The Pasadena International Film Festival reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, or for no reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional and convenient environment for all of our customers.
If your work is rejected/removed/disqualified:
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless from and defend the Pasadena International Film Festival, Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against all claims, demand losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film or project submitted to the Pasadena International Film Festival, or rejected/removed/disqualified by the Pasadena International Film Festival.
• Productions must provide their projects on DVD NTSC Region 0 or 1, or online.
• DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by January 26, 2018.
• Submit as early as possible! Submitting as early as possible not only allows more time for consideration, but you will not run the risk of missing the deadline.
No late submissions will be considered.
• Loss and Damage: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted while in the possession of the Festival. However, we cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage.
• Works in progress will not be considered.
• Please, no stickers on DVDs as they can damage equipment and DVDs.
• All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
• DVDs and/or any screener discs will not be returned.
• Submission fees are non-refundable.
Please, no phone calls unless an emergency.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Website, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at Pasadena International Film Festival 530 South Lake Avenue, #453 Pasadena, CA 91101-3515 USA