Hosted by Pets in the City Magazine and Best Friends Animal Society, the PAWPARAZZI film festival coincides with the nearby Park City area Sundance film festival. PAWPARAZZI film festival is international and it is open to amateurs and professionals alike. The PAWPARAZZI Film Festival is for all species of animals large and small. The films are to provide a venue for People to protect and save animals as well as to celebrate the joy that animals bring to our lives. Submit your short films of ten minutes or less to the following categories:
All entries must be postmarked on or before December 20, 2015. The submission fee is $25. Late entries will be accepted postmarked on or before January 5, 2015. The late entry fee will be $35. filmfreeway.com/festival/pawparazzifilmfestival.
Plan to attend the PAWPARAZZI film festival by plane, train, or automobile. It’s going to be held at the Megaplex Theatres / Gateway Mall, 165 South Rio Grande St., Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, on Saturday, January 23, 2016, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Proceeds to benefit Best Friends Animal Society
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category receive a trophy plaque, a framed certificate, event t- shirt and sponsor swag bag gifts. The first place winner in each category will receive a 1- night stay voucher, at the fabulous, pet friendly, Hotel Monaco in Salt Lake City.
ENTRIES MUST CONFORM to the rating standard of PG or lower. To submit in the Youth category (under 18), you must have a parent sign the entry form as well. No limit is imposed on the number of entries, but each film will require its own entry fee and entry form.
Entrants will be notified the week of January 11, 2016, if their entry will be screened and if they qualify for top awards.
1) All shorts must be about or have animals in them.
2) Shorts film must be (10) minutes or less, including credits.
3) Production dates of films should be no older than 2013.
4) Submit film's via filmfreeway.com or by DVD. (DVDS will not be returned).
5) If the film is in a language other than English, it must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
6) The Film's title, running time, and contact information, must be on the face of your disc, in permanent marker. (No stickers please).
7) Please send DVDs in a simple paper sleeve. One submission per package.
8) Mail submissions to:
PAWPARAZZI Film Festival
c/o Deborah Myers
470 Mill Street
Bountiful, Utah 84010
We reserve the right to decline selecting finalists for a category if there are no acceptable entries in that category, or if the number of entrants is less than five.