The Pennsylvania Indie Shorts Film Festival is an international short film festival curating & showcasing a full weekend of short film programming at the Pocono Cinema & Cultural Center in East Stroudsburg, PA. We celebrate the art and enjoyment of short-form visual storytelling.
We'll be showing thought-provoking and entertaining short films to the public at a historic theater in northeastern Pennsylvania while bringing together independent filmmakers for a weekend of camaraderie, networking, and celebration.
All Finalists will be provided with two free passes to the event.
Awards will be given to winners in the following categories:
Best Horror Short
Best Thriller Short
Best Science Fiction Short
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Family Short
Best Animation Short
Best Local Short (for short films made in Pennsylvania)
Best Student Short (for films made by current students)
Best of the Fest (Overall Best Short)
Best Short Screenplay
Best Youth Screenplay
Best Youth Film
Additional Prizes TBA.
- Eligible Short film entries must not exceed 45 minutes in total running time to include opening and end title/credit sequences.
- Eligible films must NOT be currently available to the public via online streaming, VOD, or any other streaming / video / broadcast service.
All films submitted for official selection must be entered by September 15, 2019. An entry form and entry fee must be completed for all submissions via FilmFreeway prior to this date. Additional submission details can be found at: www.paindieshorts.com.
All films/screenplays submitted must reach the Film Festival by September 15, 2019. If the film/screenplay is not received by this deadline it will not be submitted. This deadline is final.
All films/screenplays submitted to the "Youth Screenplay" and/or "Youth Film" category must be submitted with the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
The following will be accepted for the submission process:
– On Line secure screener via FilmFreeway
Any film sent in other formats for the initial submission process: Beta, Mini- DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm, DVD, printed copy (screenplays) will not be viewed.
If your film is selected for the festival, you may attend the festival, at your own expense, during the 1st of November 2019 through the 3rd of November 2019, to promote and support your film or screenplay, and collect any awards. The Film & screenplays selected to be included in the festival will receive 2 full festival passes sent to the submitter to attend all screenings. Recommendations will be made by the festival to out of town attendees for accommodations.
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organizers of the Festival
Permission to screen the film during the Festival and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
4) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
5) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
6) [You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2019 of the Festival.
7) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations 2019 of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film and forfeiting of your submission fees.
8) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organizers of the Festival a non exclusive licence to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
9) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organizers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
12) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
13) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.