The Port Adelaide Diversity & Inclusion Film Festival recognises and showcases films and screenplays that represent cultural diversity, the underrepresented and minority groups in our communities.
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion costumes/makeup/set
- The Audience Award for best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best 'Out of the ordinary' diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best innovative or conceptually confrontational film (pushes buttons/ideas)
* A laurel and certificate for every film selected and to the award-winning entries will be provided.
Entries should be sent via FilmFreeway with a secure online screener;
the film must be under 20 minutes (including credits);
the film must be submitted in English or with English subtitles;
the film must be original and created after 2020;
the film must be submitted as a .mp4;
the film must be in 16:9 format;
All submitted material ( including images moving or still, sounds, music and text) must be cleared for copyright for use in this film festival;
By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the film, including the rights to any images moving or still, sounds, music and text.
All genres are welcome (narrative, animated, experimental, etc.).
Filmmakers may submit multiple entries as long as each film is submitted with its own Entry Form and paid Entry Fee.
The film selection process for PADIFF:
Films will be ‘selected ‘ by panel members for the PADIFF based on their Diversity and Inclusion content and/or diversity and inclusion of crew members. Films shortlisted as ‘selected’ will be awarded laurels. Judges will select the winning entries for each category for the festival from the ‘selected’ films. The screening on the night will include the winning films for each category and a curated selection of shortlisted films.
The audience will choose the film for the audience award from the selection of films screened on the night, with the winner announced via social media.