The team that brought you 'Out For Blood - Queer Horror Film Festival' are back with 'Out of this World - Queer Genre Film Festival'.
Over the infamous 2020-21 pandemic times, we have taken a bit of a break to reevaluate the Out For Blood film festival and we're now ready to come back with a brand new festival celebrating queer stories through a wider lens. Out of this World is a film festival celebrating queer stories and queer filmmakers - we believe in the power of genre films (Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction) to tell new and exciting queer stories.
We want to see a diverse representation of queer identities on screen. We want to celebrate and promote the work of queer filmmakers. We want to create welcoming spaces where film fans from all walks of life can come together to watch and discuss a variety of creative genre films.
We are looking for films made by people who identify within the queer community or films which celebrate queer characters or stories. We accept fiction, non-fiction and music videos.
We want to keep the festival free for everyone to enjoy that's why we request that you send us a short cover letter with your submission to explain why your film would be good for the festival. We're not looking for essays (unless you really want to - we would love to read them!) it can just be something as simple as a few sentences to confirm that you have read our Rules & Terms and that the film you are submitting fits our brief.
Please note that all dates are subject to change. Any date changes will be communicated to relevant parties in good time.
There will be an audience vote for Best Film. There will also be awards for Best Horror, Best Sci-Fi and Best Fantasy.
Please note that these awards may change depending on the quality of submissions. The festival reserves the right to add more awards depending on the quality of submissions.
1) The film/documentary/music video has to have some kind of link to Horror, Sci-Fi or Fantasy.
2) The film/documentary/music video must be either made by someone who identifies within the queer community OR needs to have at least one queer character OR needs to have queer themes.
3) The film/documentary/music video must be either in English or have English subtitles.
4) Include a cover letter (can be as short as you like) to confirm that you have read the brief and you believe the film is suitable for the festival.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR WORK, YOU AGREE TO:
1) Work with the festival team to add English subtitles to your film. Even if your film is in English, we want to make sure that all our films are as accessible as possible. We will request for filmmakers to add subtitles to their work if you are selected. The festival team can help you with this.
2) Send the festival a .mov or .mp4 file of your film if selected. The festival will work with you to help send this file if you are having problems.
3) Let the festival show your film at an upcoming festival if selected.
4) Let the festival show your film either online or in person as part of the festival. This is to ensure that we are covered if we are forced to go online again with the festival due to UK Government guidance on public health.
5) Let the festival use any images from your film in their promotion for the festival. You can let us know if there are any particular images you would prefer to have shared. Please send us a press pack if you have one.
6) Let the festival use any video or sound from your film in any promotional materials including trailers or teasers for the festival.