Ouchy Film Awards (OFA) is a seasonal awards short film competition. For each season, official selection and winners are announced on our website. At the end of four seasons, we organize a live screening in Lausanne, Switzerland, which includes all award winning films of all seasonal competitions. The best of year awards are given during our screening in the end of the festival year.
The goal of OFA is to encourage emerging moviemakers for new filmmaking by rewarding their work. We accept all genres of short films from all over the world. We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films evaluated and compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high quality films. Especially short films which exhibit new filmmaking approaches and show different perspectives to the conventional scale are strongly encouraged to submit.
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive review process. Our evaluation includes the critique on six categories: acting, directing, editing, script, sound, and cinematography. For each category, our jury gives a letter grade from one of the following:
A - Excellent (9-10 points)
B - Good (7-8 points)
C - Satisfactory (5-6 points)
D - Weak (3-4 points)
E - Weak (1-2 points)
Then average of all categories are calculated. The best of A and B grades are considered for official selection of each category. The selection is listed on our website and all selected films are considered for following awards.
- Best Short Film
- Best Documentary
- Best Animation Film
- Best Director
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Editing
- Best Cinematography
- Best Screenplay
For each award, five nominees and one winner is selected by the jury.
At the end of year, the best films of each season are selected for our live screening. The second year's screening will take place from 14 to 16 September 2017 at cinema Bellevaux in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Awards & Prizes
The winners of the second year competition will receive the trophies during our screening on 14-16 September 2018.
Rules & Terms
- All films must have been made in or after 2014.
- Fiction entries must be shorter than 60 minutes.
- Documentaries must be shorter than 60 minutes.
- Entries must be in English or subtitled, dubbed in English.
- Works in progress are accepted.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
- Entree fees are non-refundable.
- There is no premiere requirement.
- Entrants must submit a copy of high quality screener file if they are selected for yearly organization.
- Once you submit your film, you agree that we can use your film data confidentially in order to develop our services.