Ouchy Film Awards (OFA) is a short film award competition. For each season, official selection are announced on our website. At the end of four seasons, we organize a live screening in Lausanne, Switzerland, which includes all award winning films of all seasonal competitions. The best of year awards are given during our screening in the end of the festival year.
The goal of OFA is to encourage emerging moviemakers for new filmmaking by rewarding their work. We accept all genres of short films from all over the world. We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films evaluated and compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high quality films. Especially short films which exhibit new filmmaking approaches and show different perspectives to the conventional scale are strongly encouraged to submit.
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive review process. Our evaluation includes the critique on six categories: acting, directing, editing, script, sound, and cinematography. For each category, our jury gives a letter grade from one of the following:
A - Excellent (9-10 points)
B - Good (7-8 points)
C - Satisfactory (5-6 points)
D - Weak (3-4 points)
E - Weak (1-2 points)
Then average of all categories are calculated. The best of A and B grades are considered for official selection of each category. The selection is listed on our website and all selected films are considered for following awards.
- Best Short Film
- Best Drama
- Best Comedy
- Best Documentary
- Best Animation
- Best Sci-fi - Fantasy
- Best Web Series
For each award, five nominees and one winner is selected by the jury for yearly organisation.
At the end of year, the best films of each season are selected for our live screening. The third year's screenings will take place from 12 to 15 December 2018 at cinema Bellevaux in Lausanne, Switzerland.
** NOTE THAT 2018 SUBMISSIONS HAVE BEEN FINALIZED. NEW SUBMISSIONS ARE CONSIDERED FOR 2019. EARLY SUBMISSIONS HAVE HIGHER CHANCE TO GET A PLACE FOR THE YEARLY SCREENING**
The winners of the third year competition will receive the trophies during our screening on 13-15 December 2018.
- All films must have been made in or after 2015.
- Fiction entries must be shorter than 40 minutes.
- Documentaries must be shorter than 40 minutes.
- Entries must be in English or subtitled, dubbed in English.
- Works in progress are accepted.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
- Entree fees are non-refundable.
- There is no premiere requirement.
- Entrants must submit a copy of high quality screener file if they are selected for yearly organization.
- Once you submit your film, you agree that we can use your film data confidentially in order to develop our services.