2018 ORLANDO URBAN FILM FESTIVAL - 5th Year Anniversary
Thursday, May 24 to Sunday, May 27, 2018
AMC Theater Universal Studios City Walk - Screenings
Rosen Centre Hotel - Seminars
2018 OUFF OPEN FOR SUBMISSION
"Where Imagination Runs Wild"
Submit your "Film" or "Short Film Project" and see it on the "BIG SCREEN"
2018 ORLANDO URBAN FILM FESTIVAL
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS IN ALL CATEGORIES
"OUFF Loves Short Films Corner"
"OUFF Loves Virtual Reality Shorts"
"OUFF Loves Sci-Fi Flicks"
"OUFF Loves Web TV and Web Series"
Submit your "Film" or "Short Film Project" and see it on the "BIG SCREEN"
The Orlando Urban Film Festival (OUFF) is Orlando, Florida's African American film festival. We are filmmakers and experienced music business executives with over 20 years behind us and who have helped build the careers of many of today's superstars. We are energized by the diversity and inclusion of all types of cultural films, movies, documentaries, videos, shorts, clips, music, and photography from content creators globally.
The Mission of the Orlando Urban Film Festival's (OUFF) "Urban Movie, Music Showcase" is to help expose Florida's underserved African American film and music producers as well as actors and screenwriters. We want to share the African American Experience. However, we honor and award the best talent and do not exclude entry to any creative works from other cultures. Creator's works are displayed on the "BIG SCREEN" in major movie theaters.
The OUFF Young Director's Program teaches young people how to communicate and express their feelings through the use of images, audio, media and visual arts.
By submitting your project to OUFF you agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the festival.
For Travel tips to Orlando Florida visit our website http://www.orlandouff.com/travel/
Awards & Prizes
The 2018 Orlando Urban Film Festiva'S "Crystal You Are A Star Awards" will be presented to all winnersl. "Official Selection" films and music will also be featured on the "Big Screen" during the OUFF presentations, public relations campaigns, and events.
Rules & Terms
OUFF is where Urban Movie, TV and Music content producers come together to join forces like never before to discuss the dynamics and inter-connection of images and music and to see their works on a "BIG SCREEN" in a state-of-the-art movie theater.
Wow, now that's powerful!
The creative visionaries in these industries are what makes the "movie biz" so hot. OUFF wants to honor and recognize these powerful industry movers and shakers side by side and to educate upcoming talent on how to achieve "super success" with their creative talents and crafts.
1. Short Films entries 15 seconds to 30 minutes "are eligible" if they have not been previously released in movie theaters and distributed nationally, broadcast on USA or international television, available for purchase on DVD, or available for full-length viewing online. There are exceptions to these rules based on individual circumstances which can be reviewed by the Submissions Team via email inquiry.
Submit questions to email@example.com. We may allow a longer length project for the short film category because some short films can be up to 30 minutes or more in length.
2. OUFF Loves Short Films Corner submissions must be completed after June 1, 2008.
3. Films must be submitted Digitally for the OUFF Team to preview "for consideration and acceptance into the festival". This is a film festival and films accepted into consideration and will be selected from all films in their category. "ACCEPTANCE" only means your project will be "Judged For Official Selection Into the Festival, and It Will Go Through A Full Examination Process".
Once selected as an "Official Selection" The OUFF Judges will determine which films will "win and be screened during the 2018 OUFF." Due to the large quantity of films, music, videos, and scripts received it takes time to properly manage all submissions. This review process takes about three to four months, so please be patient.
"Please note: Not all projects submitted are accepted into the OUFF for official screenings."
Do not send film prints, master tapes, or other originals. You are fully responsible for your films, music or material; we are not liable for your property. "WE NOT NOT RETURN SUBMISSIONS". THERE ARE NO REFUNDS! OUFF is a not-for-profit organization which helps filmmakers and creative talent expose their products into the marketplace.
4. Music Videos and Music entries must be original productions, tracks, scores, songs or lyrics. By law, music must not infringe on any copyrights.
5. Applicant confirms and warrants their legal authority to submit the film and/or music entry and other materials into the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival.
6. Applicant deems they are fully responsible for the use of all music, images, graphics, and content in the film or music entered in the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival. By submitting your film or music into the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival, you agree to take full responsibility and liability and for any and all damages associated with the showing of the film or broadcast of the music entered into the festival.
7. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film or music for promotional use on the internet, television, radio, in print, and at live Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival events.
8. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries
submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
9. Only complete entries (including entry form, payment, and digital preview Screener or Music Soundtrack) will be processed for review and selection into OUFF. "No Waivers will be accepted".
10. If Mailed - Please submit a typed or clearly printed entry form or a copy of the online form receipt along with the submission. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards.
11. You will be notified if your submission is "Accepted into OUFF".
ROUND 1: At the time your project is "ACCEPTED" the OUFF Judges will begin reviewing all of the "ACCEPTED Projects" to select the "Official Selection Projects.".
ROUND 2: You will be notified if your project is considered as an "Official Selection." Once the "Official Selections have been chosen, "Official Selection Winners" will be a part of the Final Judging for the 2018 OUFF Winners!
ROUND 3: The 2018 OUFF Official Selected films, videos and screenplays will be selected and announced!
The "FINALIST and Winning Projects" will be screened, and the Screening Schedule announced via email and press release. Press releases, photos, and trailers will be featured.
All 2018 OUFF Finalist Winners will be required to mail-in and submit a final Digital Cinema Package "DCP Copy" of your production for screening.
Productions in the following exhibition formats are eligible for The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival screening: DCP ONLY. The OUFF Production Team can make your DCP for $450.00 (and give you a copy on your external drive) and Music on Compact Disc.
Early Entry Submission November 12, 2018, February 19, 2018, deadline! Regular Submissions ends March 9, 2018. Late entries will be accepted until March 23, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST with the required late entry fee. All Winning Filmmakers will be selected and announced on or before ----- April 1, 2018 - - - - by the OUFF Selection Committee. All final winners will be announced on Friday, April 6, 2018. Winning filmmakers, TV, music, talent and their projects will be showcased and screened in Orlando, Florida.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD
shipments will not be accepted. Any Items received will "NOT" be returned!
All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Fees charged to the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival will be refused. For films accepted for screening at the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival, we are not responsible for any shipping costs.
2. Judging & Selection
Films will be selected for judging and presentation by the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival Judging Committee. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival Judges Committee Office will contact the selected winning entrants by telephone or email.
Winners will be notified on or before Friday, Apri l 6, 2018, this includes late entries. For publication purposes, entries selected will be required to supply 3 (three) high resolution stills from the film and at least 1 (one) photograph of the film's director and the film's poster cover. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival also request publicity materials, movie poster, and a video trailer (if available). Publicity and press materials will not be returned.
3. Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not
Refundable. Waivers will not be accepted. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by check or money order, made payable to Orlando Urban Film Festival, or by Pay Pal using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).
For all entries outside the U.S., entrants must pay using bank checks or money orders are accepted (NO PERSONAL CHECKS). The bank check or money order must be drawn on U.S. correspondent banks only and be in U.S. dollars. You can also pay by credit card using Pay Pal before Late Submission Deadline March 23, 2018.
Regular Deadline (Postmarked by Friday, March 9, 2018)
The entry fee helps OUFF prepare your project submission to be shown on the "Big Screen. Please ensure you have submitted the best quality film project. This ensures the best quality picture on a movie theater screen. If your film is selected to screen and the quality of your film is not of a high standard, it will not be screened during OUFF!
PLEASE NOTE: The Orlando Urban Film Festival - Excludes porn films! "DOES NOT" and 'WILL NOT" accept these types projects. X-Rated, Nudity, and porn films WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM REVIEW! please do not submit these types of films as your entries.
"NO WAIVERS ARE ACCEPTED" and "NO REFUNDS" from Entries and Submissions. Please read all Entry and Submission information carefully before entering your project to OUFF!