The Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival is a bi-annual event on the Film Festival Circuit that screens international independent Horror, Horror Comedy, Dark Drama, Experimental Horror, Dark Science Fiction, Dark Animation films, videos, screenplays, teleplays and episodic content. This event was founded by author and retired filmmaker Mikel Fair who worked on location in the Film and Television industry from 1999-2015. Multiple short films are screened in a "back to back" format in HD 1080p. The northwest USA has a great fan base for horror films as well as other dark genre content intended for a mature audience. Films that make people scream, are creepy and even those that poke fun at the Horror genre are loved by the audience. When social distancing protocols allow it, this event is a great opportunity to network with filmmakers, screenwriters, crew, actors and industry professionals.
40 Award Categories for Films, Videos, Screenplays and Teleplays
- Up to Five Finalists per category.
- Award Finalists are announced approximately 2 weeks after official selections (top 30%) are completed.
- Award Winners are announced on the event date.
1) Best Acting Performance
2) Best Animated Film
3) Best Cinematography
4) Best Dark Drama Feature Screenplay
5) Best Dark Drama Film
6) Best Dark Drama Micro Film
7) Best Dark Drama Short Screenplay
8) Best Dark Science Fiction Feature Screenplay
9) Best Dark Science Fiction Film
10) Best Dark Science Fiction Micro Film
11) Best Dark Science Fiction Short Screenplay
12) Best Director
13) Best Editing
14) Best Ensemble Cast
15) Best Experimental Film
16) Best Experimental Micro Film
17) Best Horror Comedy Feature Screenplay
18) Best Horror Comedy Film
19) Best Horror Comedy Micro Film
20) Best Horror Comedy Series Episode
21) Best Horror Comedy Short Screenplay
22) Best Horror Comedy Teleplay
23) Best Horror Feature Screenplay
24) Best Horror Film
25) Best Horror Film Trailer
26) Best Horror Micro Film
27) Best Horror Series Episode
28) Best Horror Series Micro Episode
29) Best Horror Short Screenplay
30) Best Horror Teleplay
31) Best International Director
32) Best International Feature Screenplay
33) Best International Film
34) Best International Micro Film
35) Best International Short Screenplay
36) Best Music Video
37) Best Oregon Film
38) Best Oregon Micro Film
39) Most Original Concept
40) Single Scariest Moment
All films are eligible, regardless if they have distribution or not. All films are eligible even if they have been accepted to other film festivals. All films and videos are eligible, regardless of when or where they were produced. Even if your film or documentary series is publicly available on YouTube or Vimeo, it is still eligible for submission. For exhibition purposes. all films are expected to provide a download link, so that we can compile and project them in HD 1080p. 23.976, 24, 25 or 30 frame rates are accepted for projection. Please do not submit 720p or Standard Definition films to this festival.
The submission fee does not include an event ticket fee if selected. Submission fees and event ticket fees are separate. The cost of attending this event is $25 for the entire day. Every attendee must have a ticket. There are no filmmaker passes.