One Nation Film Festival will be an annual event held in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The festival will focus on Native American and Indigenous Americas Narrative Feature, Documentary Feature and Narrative, Documentary and Student Short Films.
One Nation Film Festival (ONFF) will showcase the work of independent filmmakers amidst the mountainous backdrop of Colorado Springs, Colorado, and is about filmmakers, audiences and film professionals establishing a relationship and supporting independent film.
ONFF will showcase Native American and indigenous groups films covering a variety of subjects and genres. Ninety percent of the films shown during the festival come through our online submissions. The festival will highlight attending filmmakers at screenings, Q & A sessions with filmmaker panels, parties and receptions.
Boasting a broad selection of films, ONFF will present category-specific awards, as well as Audience Choice.
The 2018 One Nation Film Festival will be at Stargazers Theatre located at 10 S. Parkside Drive in Colorado Springs, on February 11, 2018.
ABOUT Colorado Springs
Located at the foot of Pikes Peak, with metropolitan area population of approximately 670,000 Colorado Springs boasts a major university and college as well as the United States Air Force Academy. Along with hiking trails, a world-class hotel, art galleries, shops and restaurants, Colorado Springs is just 60 minutes from Denver. It is the home of the United States Olympic Training Center and headquarters of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) as well as several Olympic sport governing bodies. Colorado Springs has several Top Ten awards and recognitions, including: Bicycling Magazine “Friendliest Bike City in America," Men's Fitness "Fittest City in America," Women's Health "The Best Places to Live for Women," Men's Fitness "Top Sports Town," Forbes "America's Most Pet-Friendly City" and MSNB "Best Cities to Live, Work and Play." Colorado Springs and the surrounding area was a major film industry hub before L.A. and along with New Mexico, one of the first states to have a state film commission. It has been the filming location for several major motion pictures. One Nation's offices are located on the Historic Alexander Film Company lot in Colorado Springs.
Awards & Prizes
Trophies will be awarded for:
Best Narrative Feature Film (both Jury and Audience Choice)
Best Documentary Feature Film (both Jury and Audience Choice)
Best Documentary Medium Length Film (both Jury and Audience Choice)
Best Documentary Short Film (both Jury and Audience Choice)
Best Narrative Short Film (both Jury and Audience Choice)
Seventh Generation Award for Film Students
Rules & Terms
OFFICIAL ONE NATION SUBMISSION RULES:
1. Only one title per entry.
2. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
3. The film should not be commercially available on DVD, Blu-Ray, on-demand service or other format intended for private viewing and will not air on television, via internet streaming service or other public broadcast in the United States prior to February 12, 2018.
4. All films must be submitted on DVD (Region 0 or 1) NTSC for consideration or online through FilmFreeway. Please ensure that your disc plays in a standard DVD player before you mail it to us.
5. We require a Digital File Format or professionally made Blu-ray for screening.
6. Payments made by check for entry fees must be made out to One Nation Walking Together. All entry fees paid are non-refundable. Checks returned due to NSF will be assessed a $25.00 return check fee and may be assigned to collections.
7. Please be sure to send your screener in as soon as possible, but always before the postmark deadline shown on your entry confirmation. Late submissions received after the postmark deadline will be assessed a late submission fee of $15.00 unless waived by the programming director.
8. Please do not send any promotional materials including press releases or postcards. Your film is judged by its quality and your filmmaking abilities, not promotional materials. Press kits are requested after acceptance only.
9. As films are selected they are notified of selection and sent to programming for inclusion into the festival film schedule. Filmmakers are notified in the order of selection and not submission dates. Please be patient as your film goes through our screening process. We are unable to reply to all emails asking if your film has been selected or where it is in the screening process.
10. All entered films grant One Nation a non-exclusive limited use agreement to use film titles, trailers or film posters for festival and film promotional use only including online, print or broadcast media to promote the festival and selected films to the industry and general public. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual property.
11. One Nation generally does not accept films with exhibition screening fees, if your film does have screening fees please inform us on your cover letter when you submit your film.
12. One Nation reserves the right to show all films accepted into the festival at another time following the festival as "Best of One Nation Film Festival" presentations.
13. Official selection films must provide their final exhibition copy to the festival programming department 30 days prior to the festival unless using your screener.
14. The official exhibition formats for the festival are Digital Download and Blu-Ray at this time. Any filmmakers wishing to have their film projected in another format other than stated must provide their own equipment at their expense during their screening, and accept all liability for such use and rental. Filmmaker-provided equipment will be removed at the end of their screening and returned to the filmmaker. Please include self-addressed, prepaid return envelopes when sending your official exhibition format in order for ONFF to return your materials to you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby represent and warrant that I am the owner or the authorized representative for the owner(s) of the film (the “Film”) being submitted pursuant to this submission agreement (the “Agreement”) for public exhibition and inclusion in the 2018 One Nation Film Festival (the “Festival”) and that I have all the necessary rights and authority to submit the film to the festival and to enter into and obligate the owner(s) of the Film to enter into this Agreement. I represent and warrant that: • I have obtained all necessary releases, licenses, authorization and permission from the owner(s) of any and all content and rights owned by third parties included in the film, including without limitation all copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy and publicity, and contract rights, and nothing in the film shall infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. One Nation Walking together (“ONWT”) disclaims any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any third-party content or materials within or relating to the submitted film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims. • There is no legal action presently pending, threatened or reasonably anticipated in connection with the film. I acknowledge and agree that in the event of any disagreement or dispute in connection with this Agreement or submission of the film to the festival, the parties will first attempt to resolve such disputes through good-faith negotiation. In the event such dispute is not promptly resolved, the parties agree that any legal action shall be brought only in arbitration before a mutually agreed-upon arbitrator in Colorado Springs or Denver, Colorado, and I hereby submit to venue and personal jurisdiction in connection with the same. The arbitrator shall have the power to award, and shall be required to award, to the substantially prevailing party in any such arbitration, its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred in connection with the arbitration. In the event that the film is selected by the festival, I further grant ONWT the right to utilize the film; the names, likenesses and biographical information of the producer(s), director(s), performer(s) and others associated with the film; and images, stills, and excerpts from the film for promotional and outreach purposes. I agree that I will not enter into or permit any agreement or arrangement concerning the film, including without limitation to a distribution agreement, sales representation agreement, third party marketing agreement or similar, unless such agreement explicitly permits the rights granted in this agreement, including without limitation the public exhibition of the film at the festival. I agree to indemnify and hold ONWT, its directors, employees and agents, and the festival harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any type of claim whatsoever in connection with the film or its submission, acceptance or exhibition at the festival, including without limitation breach of any representation, warranty or obligation set forth in this agreement. I further agree that in the event of a breach of any representation, warranty or obligation set forth in this agreement which reasonably precludes exhibition of the film at the festival, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, I will pay to the ONWT liquidated damages in the amount equivalent to ticket sales for one screening at the main festival venue. I have read and accept the terms and conditions described on this agreement and I understand that acceptance of the film to the festival shall be in the sole discretion of the ONFF. If the film is selected for the festival, I grant permission for public exhibition of the film during the festival and I agree to comply with all rules and reasonable requests of ONWT in connection with the same, including without limitation providing the exhibition copy of the film requested in good condition (Digital Media File or Blu-ray) and a backup version of the film (Blu-ray or Digital Media File) at least 30 days prior to the festival. By clicking "Send Submission & Continue" in FilmFreeway, on behalf of myself and the owner(s) of the film, I freely and voluntarily give and express full and complete acceptance of all of the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.