The Oasis Film Festival was born out of a dream to showcase the best filmmakers in Northeast Arkansas, with a special emphasis on the students of film in this part of the state.
Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to share their stories with a wider audience.
While our main focus is to celebrate film created in and around the NEA region, we welcome filmmakers from all over Arkansas and the world to help us showcase the talent that exists everywhere outside of the Hollywood system.
We offer special discounts to students that are available upon request.
This year we're excited to announce that among our awards we'll be able to offer a free one-year subscription to Nuke Indie from our partners at Foundry.
Nuke Indie is a powerful compositing software tailored for indie filmmakers, offering the industry-standard capabilities for creating stunning visual effects and animations. It provides a solution for small-scale productions, empowering artists to achieve professional-level results.
Foundry, a global leader in creative software, continues to innovate and inspire the world of digital content creation with cutting-edge tools and solutions for artists and studios alike.
OASIS GENERAL SHORT FILM CATEGORY:
All genres of film may be submitted to the OASIS GENERAL SHORT FILM CATEGORY including narrative, experimental, documentary, animation, etc.
IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR FILM, YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING RULES:
FILMS MUST BE 45 MINUTES OR LESS.
FILMS MUST BE FULLY COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE DATE THE PROJECT IS SUBMITTED.
FILMS MUST BE SUBMITTED through FilmFreeway. OTHER SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. QUALITY STANDARDS MUST BE MET. BELOW 720P RESOLUTION, POOR AUDIO QUALITY, ETC WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL FEES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
WE DO NOT OFFER FEE WAIVERS.
OASIS MAY USE PORTIONS OF YOUR FILM (INCLUDING TRAILER/TEASER/STILL/POSTER) FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
YOU MUST OWN THE RIGHTS ON YOUR FILM IN ORDER TO SUBMIT IT.
We are not liable for any copyright infringements or unauthorized usage and any conflict should be settled by the parties involved thereof.
You are responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or publicity.
All submissions must be given a self-assigned category. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted. Place this information in the cover letter on the FilmFreeway website.
Not all submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
EXPRESS YOURSELF FILM COMPETITION
OASIS AND THE FOUNDATION OF ARTS honors films made by students in grades 5- 12 about artistic creative expression.
* Students must be high school or grade level.
* Formats and genres include, but are not limited to: narrative, documentary, and music video.
* Presentations in other forms, like PowerPoint, will not be accepted.
* Films must be 3-5 minutes in length.* Students must agree to the terms and conditions stated below.
* Students must adhere to the rules of each individual contest you are entering.
Terms and Conditions:
* OASIS AND THE FOUNDATION ARTS reserves the right to flag any program that has
sensitive content. The flag categories are "sex," "violence," "language,"and “social.”
* OASIS AND THE FOUNDATION may distribute the program in its entirety, including any and all titles and credits, at its discretion, or preempt its scheduled release for any reason.
* The producer grants "OASIS FILM AND DIGITAL MEDIA FEST and THE FOUNDATION OF
ARTS" the non-exclusive rights to reproduce any part of the film and to exhibit the film by any medium for the purposes of broadcast/screening or its promotion. This includes its online distribution through the OASIS AND THE FOUNDATION website and/or a third party, such as YouTube.
* In addition the producer guarantees that he/she has obtained all the necessary permissions and clearances to enter this film and that the film and all of its elements and/or screening of the film does not infringe on the copyrights of any third party. Any claims made by any person or entity against the film, actors, crew, locations, or any other party are entirely the responsibility of the producer. The producer also assures guidelines specified on this page.