NÒT FILM FEST is dedicated to great INDEPENDENT FILMS and creating opportunities for their film makers. An open air film festival offering a unique festival experience that is more than just outdoor movies.
Established in Italy, Nòt Film Fest has been honoring its mission since 2018, and is now bringing its community experience in the heart of the California Desert.
Check out the festival's past editions, held in Santarcangelo di Romagna (Italy) at the link below:
Our California Desert Edition at the Desert Yacht Club by Joshua Tree, which has been considered one of most inspiring art production center in California and has been featured in several movies, music video and commercials, it is catered to independent filmmakers and screenwriters who seek inspiration, connection with inspiring professionals and fresh thought provoking films.
The remote landscape offers dark night skies which are perfect for stargazing and movie nights despite being located only 10 minutes to downtown Yucca Valley and 2 hours from Los Angeles.
Please note: Nòt Film Fest - Desert Yacht Club Edition takes place in the desert wilderness in an off-grid facility; festival attendees enjoy an intimate get-away immersed in the unique culture, spectacular scenery, and clear air of the Yucca Valley.
Nòt Film Fest - Desert Yacht Club Edition Screenplay Competition is dedicated to discovering and supporting emerging, innovative screenwriters. We welcome screenplays in every genre, on any topic, from anywhere in the world. We are looking for stories from writers that have a unique voice and a specific point of view. All Screenplays MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH. Every submission will receive 3-5 lines of feedback. All the Screenplays participating to the competition will take part to the "Screenplay Reading by the Pool" where an actor will be reading the Screenplay in front of a live audience. We look forward to reading your work!
- BEST SUPERDOC SHORT
- BEST STORYTIME SHORT NARRATIVE
- BEST FASHION POPCORN
- BEST MUSIC BOMB
- BEST MADE IN ITALY
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR
- BEST SCREENPLAY
Rules & Terms NÒT FILM FEST:
- Films MUST be no older than one years from date of Festival.
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries.
- Short films are under 30 minutes in length.
- All screeners must be subtitled in English, including films in english language. The films, once accepted in competition will be screened with English subtitles. The Producer needs to have a subtitle file (.srt file) of the film available in English. The Festival will charge a fee to translate the file and/or to create the srt file in accordance to the length and the type of file is presented (dialogue list, shooting script, etc ).
- Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in US prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for competition.
- You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ENTRY:
- Entry fee (must be paid online).
- 3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- Accepted entries must submit at least one digital, horizontal 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560x315 pixels.
- Accepted entries must submit a password protected Vimeo or Youtube screener. Screeners must be subtitled in english for the judges to view.
Terms & Conditions
To enter your film into NÒT FILM FEST (festival), you (Producer) must:
- Enter via FilmFreeway
- Follow the guidelines
By entering your film on FilmFreeway, the Producer has entered the Film in the Festival and accepts the conditions, entry guidelines and terms and conditions set out below.
2. Judging of Films
- The Film will be notified of being shortlisted prior to the official selection of the program.
The Production will have to fill out a questionnaire and state what kind of premiere the
Film is having at Nòt Film Fest. The Film cannot have the premiere stated in the questionnaire in any other festival prior to the Festival.
The jury will view the films privately and the winners will be disclosed during the Award Ceremony.
4. Producer’s Representations and Warranties
The Producer hereby represents and warrants to Festival that:
- The Producer has the sole and full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this agreement and grant the rights granted in the agreement;
- The film complies with the terms and conditions
- The rights (including the intellectual property rights) of the Film are assigned to Festival to utilize for broadcasting, promotional use and any other commercial purpose
- The Producer has permission to reproduce and exploit all third party materials (and / or the results and proceeds of all third party services) contained in the Film or upon which the Film is based;
- The Producer has permission or copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music, lyrics reproduced
- All the performers in the Film have consented in writing to the use of their performances in the Film
- The Producer has from each contributor for the Film, a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributors services, without limiting the right to edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor by the Producer or Festival assignees and licensees.
- The Producer will pay all fees and other charges related to entry of the Film in the Festival
- All details submitted in the entry form by the producer are true and correct
- All payments to contributors in connection with the film have been paid
- No part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person
Festival may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a Film from the Festival if Festival has reason to believe that a Film does not, for any reason, comply with the Terms and Conditions.
The production will be held accountable for any expenses incurred by the festival from the day the film is notify of being shortlisted until the day the Film is disqualified.
6. Additional Documents
Producer hereby agrees to supply any additional documents (eg copyright for music, actors release etc...) if Festival requests.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping.