The Northeast Wisconsin Horror Film Festival strives to bring together horror fans from the surrounding community, and hopes to attract new audiences to scary and frightful films. And we are very proud to donate all proceeds each year to the historic Time Community Theater of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, so that it can continue its mission of providing Northeast Wisconsin with an affordable and unique theater experience.
Our festival is not presenting awards or prizes this year.
1. We select films that are traditional monster films, chilling thrillers, dark comedies, supernatural stories, gore fests, and tales of science-gone-wrong. For examples of past selected films, please view the history tab on our official festival website (newhorrorfest.com).
2. Though emotionally powerful and moving, films depicting the "horrors" of war, oppression, slavery, and political regimes have not been selected. You may not want to submit your film if it fits into any of these categories.
3. Films with running times under 50 minutes long should be classified as short films.
4. The applicants are responsible for securing authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted film. They are responsible for doing the same for trademarked content as well.
5. A submitted film should be a completed work. “Work-in-Progress” and "Trailer" screenings will not be selected.
6. Films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles as the audience will primarily be English speaking.
7. Films shown in other festivals, in limited noncommercial exhibition, or at cast/crew screenings are eligible. Programming preference is given to films without significant exposure in Wisconsin theatrical and broadcast markets prior to the festival though.
8. Projects originating from Wisconsin may submit their films in one of our Wisconsin Film categories. If your film doesn't originate from Wisconsin, but has a Wisconsin tie-in (such as cast and crew members being Wisconsin residents, having post-production handled in Wisconsin, or having places and events about the state), please contact us via email for consideration.
9. We ask that films selected to be screened at the festival be transferred digitally instead of mailing physical media. You will be contacted by us via FilmFreeway once your film has been selected with more information.
10. Entries that do not meet the Rules & Terms above will be disqualified from the festival. Disqualified entries will not be rewarded refunds on their entry fees.