At Desert Daze for 2018, October 12-14
For 2018, we will be collaborating with Desert Daze to screen the Nonplussed Fest Official Selection at the festival in Moreno Beach, Lake Perris, CA, October 12-14, 2018.
Nonplussed Fest aims to discover, showcase and celebrate emerging artists in film, music, and the visual arts that dare to see the world differently. Our emphasis is on providing a unique atmosphere where fellow artists can appreciate each other’s works and foster new collaborations in an intimate and offbeat warehouse setting. Our non-traditional venue in the heart of Los Angeles stands at the crossroads of multimedia experimentation and the entertainment industry. We look to provide our audiences with the best narrative, documentary, experimental, and music video short films in conjunction with nightly musical acts and visual art exhibitions in order to create a dialogue about perception and the transformative power of art across mediums. The fest will feature short film programs, live musical acts, and art exhibitions spanning three days. If you're looking to screen your film in a non-traditional venue alongside complementary music and art elements, this is the festival for you.
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Film Entries must be submitted and postmarked by:
Early Deadline: February 5th, 2018 ($5 entry fee)
Regular Deadline: March 5th, 2018 ($10 entry fee)
Final Deadline: April 6th, 2018 ($15 entry fee)
Films submitted after the final deadline will not be considered.
2. Film Entrants must submit TWO (2) DVD (Region 0 or 1) viewing copies for consideration OR provide an online screener.
3. Entry forms will not be processed without accompanying entry fees and viewing copies in one of the accepted formats for film applicants.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled in English, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Please write title, tracking number, Running time, and Contact Email on DVDs.
6. All films selected for screening at the festival grant Nonplussed Fest the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. Trailers will be provided by the applicant if requested.
7. Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
8. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
9. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
10. Submission copies will not be returned.
11. All fees are nonrefundable.
12. Submitting to the festival for consideration is not a guarantee of being programmed. The festival reserves the right to determine the eligibility and final programming decision of any submission. All films are guaranteed to be screened at least twice by two separate members of the programming team.
13. Films must have been completed after January 2016 in order to be considered unless otherwise exempted by festival staff.
14. Films must be under 30 minutes in length to be considered.
15. Premiere status does not affect eligibility for consideration. All films may be considered regardless of premiere status or whether the film has previously played online (whether privately or publicly), at other festivals, or via broadcast television.
16. The festival does not provide feedback to film entries.
17. All films will be notified via email of final programming decisions by May 29th, 2018.
18. All entries must be submitted via FilmFreeway. Entry fees must be either processed online via FilmFreeway or via check mailed to PO Box 861292, Los Angeles, CA 90086, United States.
19. Rough cuts and works-in-progress may be submitted, so long as the final cut is submitted by the final deadline of April 6th, 2018.
20. If selected to screen at the festival, exhibition copies must be received no later than three weeks prior to the festival, unless otherwise specified well in advance by a member of the filmmaking team.
21. Participating filmmakers are responsible for guaranteeing that an exhibition copy and back-up copy in an approved format will be available under the timeline defined by the festival. Filmmakers are also responsible for covering the costs of production and shipping of exhibition and back-up copies as needed.
22. If preview or exhibition copies arrive damaged, filmmakers are responsible for the cost of reshipping required materials.
23. Once exhibition copies are received at the festival’s address, the festival assumes responsibility for the copies’ safety. In case of loss or damage, the festival is only responsible for reimbursement of the cost of making a new copy in the format received. The festival is not responsible for exhibition copies damaged or lost in transit.
24. The festival reserves the right to determine in which program section the selected films will screen, and to schedule selected films at the date, time and location of its choice, paired with the musical acts and visual artists of its choice.
25. Festival staff reserves the right to discard all promotional materials sent before a film is officially accepted to the festival.
SHIPPING AND CUSTOMS
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
For exhibition copies once selected, the participant will pay shipping costs and insurance of all materials sent to the festival. Please notify the festival by e-mail with the airway bill number. The festival will pay for shipping the exhibition copy back to its owner unless a different destination is agreed in advance with the producer or contact person.
For international shipping, four copies of a commercial invoice or customs declaration should be included with the package. The invoice or declaration should value the contents of the shipment for no more than US$15, and clearly state the contents of the package. The following statement should be included in the documentation, as well as on the exterior of the package: “For cultural purposes only, no commercial value.” The festival does not cover any customs fees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I/We wish to have our film hereby known as “ENTRY” included in the 3rd Nonplussed Fest hereby known as “Nonplussed”. I/We grant Nonplussed, its festival staff and sponsors the right to list the entry for promotional purposes on the Non Plus Ultra website (www.nonplussedfest.com), on sponsor’s websites, newsletters, flyers, posters, press releases, etc. I/we understand that no materials included with this application will be returned.
I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photograph, advertising copy, audio piece or printed matter that may be used or to the eventual promotional use that it may be applied.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Nonplussed Fest and Non Plus Ultra, its officers, agencies employees and sponsors, and Non Plus Ultra, its officers, agencies and employees, from and against any liability as a result of any use, distortion, blurring or alteration that may occur or be introduced in any use or broadcast of the material.
I am legally authorized to submit this entry to Nonplussed Fest, and agree that if selected to participate, a copy of the film or video in one of the eligible exhibition formats specified by the festival will be made available for public screening during the dates of the festival.
I hold Nonplussed harmless from damage or loss of the exhibition copy while en route to or from the festival.
By submitting I acknowledge that I have read, understood and comply with all eligibility and entry requirements.