Join other film enthusiasts from around the world during this four-day event to screen top Nigerian films, attend World Premieres, Masterclasses, Pitching Sessions, events for established and upcoming actors and more. Takes place yearly in the heart of Paris and is attended by top filmmakers, journalists, and personalities from Nigeria, as well as France and the rest of the world.
The main prize to win is the Prix du Public (Audience Award) which is awarded to the filmmaker whose film scores the highest among the audience. After all, films are made for the people's enjoyment right?
ONLY submit your film if it meets the following requirements:
- Preference is given to films written, directed or produced by a Nigerian
- Full-length feature film, short film (under 30 minutes), TV-pilot or animation of cinema quality (sound and image) that will be ready for release in 2020.
- If your film is in completion, you can submit the rough cut.
Read this agreement carefully and fill out this form clearly. Submit it by February 15, 2020. This is the date by when the form and film must be received. If you are submitting more than one film, each film must have its own authorization form submitted. Verify that you have submitted:
• The Film Submission and Authorisation Form
• A private link to view your film online
If your film is selected, soon after you will be asked to submit the following:
• Exhibition copy of your film (DCP)
• Transcript of your film in English (If a French version is not already available) - Please note that no film without an English dialog list will be accepted
Terms and Conditions
1. Grant of Rights- In submitting this film, you grant NollywoodWeek Paris and Okada Media (here within “the Festival”) the right to perform the film in its entirety, in the format of its choice, at the venue of its choice, at any time during the scheduled dates of the festival. You also grant the right of use of any portion of the film up to thirty (30) seconds in length, its trailer, and any still photographs therefrom, as well as the name and likeness of any persons or characters therein, as well as any producers, directors, writers and cinematographers, and any other information included in this application form, in any promotional materials of the festival, in any media, throughout the world.
2. Warranties and Indemnities- You represent and warrant all presented material is original to you and/or that you are capable and have the right to grant all rights and assurances set forth herein. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival for any causes of action arising from breach of this warranty or any false representation made in this application and/or in any further materials presented by you to the NollywoodWeek Paris Film Festival.
The Festival will look after the security and integrity of the films in its custody to help prevent any damage, copyright infringement, piracy, or the like while in its care. However, the Festival is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including those lost or misappropriated during shipping, and for any consequences arising from such an occurrence.
3. Acceptance and Public screening- Notification of acceptance will be emailed by March 1, 2020.
Applicant understands and accepts that further information or materials may be requested from applicant prior to screening, and applicant agrees to provide such information or materials within one (1) week of the request. If timely production of information or materials is not possible, the Festival may choose to not promote or screen the film. Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn by the filmmaker/producer/sales agent from the Festival program prior to and during the event.
If your film is available on Netflix or will be by the time the festival starts, then a notification must be sent to the festival organizers
The Applicant understands that the film may not be screened due to unforeseen conditions such as Acts of God, equipment failure, or for any other reason.
The Festival will screen the film and promote it to the best of its ability. The Festival reserves the right to use photos, clips, trailers and the film itself (in parts no longer than 30 seconds) from accepted entries for marketing purposes. The Festival may also screen a film that is part of the official selection in its entirety to a private audience (such as a press conference leading up the festival) for publicity purposes.
The venue, screening format, number of screenings, scheduled day(s) and time(s), are at the sole discretion of the festival.
4. Compensation and AWARDS -
The festival does not pay screening fee unless the film is already subtitled in french and those subtitles are deemed acceptable by the festival programmers.
The festival will cover the transportation and hotel cost of the film’s director and possibly one principal actor of the film (at the Festival’s discretion).
Only films part of the official selection are eligible for an Audience Award (Prix du Public) at NollywoodWeek Paris. The award winner is announced on closing night of the Festival. The Audience Award is based solely on audience voting at the film’s screening(s). Additional prizes awarded to winning film will be made clear to all applicants prior to festival.
5. SUBTITLES -
The selected films will screen in their original versions and must be accessible to French and English speaking audiences. If your film is not in English, you must submit a version with English subtitles. If your film is selected, you will be asked to submit the dialog list in English for translation into French. Your film will then be subtitled into French at the cost of the Festival.
In order to effectively market the film to the French public, some film titles may be translated or adapted. The chosen title for this market during the duration of the Festival is up to the discretion of the Festival.
6. Materials -
Screeners (preview copies) sent to the Festival during the selection process will not be mailed back.
Exhibition copies (such as hard drives, DCP, film reels, BluRays) will be returned after the last day of the festival to the producers.