As one of the featured events of the upcoming Newark Arts Festival, the Newark Short Film Awards will be held October 10, 2020. The NSFA is presented in partnership with Express Newark, I'm So Newark and NYC Filmmakers in the historic and redeveloped Hahne & Co., building located at 54 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
In addition to the Awards Ceremony, this is a full Day of Creativity providing film-making and acting workshops / panels, networking events, entertainment, and an overall support system for filmmakers, artist, actors, composers, directors, writers, and all aspects of video production.
Films may be submitted in the categories of Short Documentary, Short Narrative, Best Short Comedy and Best Short Student Film.
Included in our all day lineup are continuous movie screenings, acting workshop, film-making discussion panel and a networking session that will provide an opportunity to converse and share information and promote individual specialties within the film industry.
This event is designed for all artists interested in creating and working in and around the film-making industry and for Movie Lovers alike. The Newark Short Film Award pride itself on being informative, lively and entertaining.
Passes for the Newark Short Film Awards are on sale at right here on FilmFreeway. You can find more information on our website http://www.NewarkShortFilmAwards.com
Prizes will be awarded to winners during the Awards Ceremony on Sunday, October 11, 2020. Winners will receive a variety of cash and / or trophy prizes.
Selected winners will also receive free passes to the Newark International Film Festival.
All film submissions must be 2-20 minutes long including credits.
At least 20 short films will be selected from the submissions that are received online.
Selected films will be screened during the Newark Short Film Awards.
Films may be submitted at https://filmfreeway.com/NewarkShortFilmAwards
All submissions must be received by Monday, September 14, 2020.
If your submitted film has been screened and won awards at other festivals, please indicate which festivals and the awards given.
All Entries should include a mini press pack including a one paragraph synopsis and short staff biography with a photo of director and producer for promotional use.
All Entries must include a list of the cast including high-quality photos for promotional use. Submission fees are non-refundable.
Early Bird Submissions Due by March 2, 2020 - Fee $20.00
Regular Submissions Due by July 14, 2020 - Fee $25.00
Late Submissions Due by September 14, 2020 - Fee $30.00
Student Submissions Due by Sept 14, 2020 - Fee $15.00
(Must Be a Registered Student. High School, College,University, Trade, Art School)
There is no age restriction for filmmakers, but submitter must be at least 18 years of age.
1MinShort Competition Submission Rules ONLY BELOW
ONLINE ONLY, submissions open Wed. 4/8/2020, until 4/30/2020.
1. Films must not exceed 1 minute including opening and closing credits.
2. Films must be submitted online with download capabilities enabled.
3. Filmmakers may make multiple submissions, but you must submit projects separately and are required to pay entry fees for each film submitted.
4. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible, on all submission materials.
5. The Newark Short Film Awards reserves the right to screen any film projects submitted to the Newark Short Film Awards 1 Minute Short competition.
6. In order to receive your Award, you must be thorough in supplying us with you contact information. (Name /Phone / Email/ Address)
7. Newark Short Film Awards has the right to post selected films to our website or use clips for promotional purposes, unless the filmmaker opts out by contacting the Newark Short Film Awards Matt@NewarkShortFilmAwards.com when submitting your film.
8. All Newark Short Film Awards decisions are final and at our discretion.
9. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
10. Films must have been produced in the past 3 years.