New Harvest Film Festival is a festival dedicated to the development of young and independent filmmaking in Russia. We are looking for new authors from all over the world and do our best to let their movies meet a large Russian audience. For some of the films we propose further producer promotion.
New Harvest Film Festival takes place at the end of summer in a beautiful open-air park of Moscow - Sad Baumana Park or in autumn/winter time in modern cinemas of Moscow. The program of the Festival includes International Contest apart from the National one. Live screenings last for 3 full days followed by an Official Award Ceremony at the end of the third day. The program of films of the Festival is quite large and extensive.
Besides the Main Event and its official dates, New Harvest also carries out thematical indoor screenings during the year (with some of Selected and Semi-Finalist films) and organizes separate Events, such as Moscow Film Party.
● Moscow Film Party: https://filmfreeway.com/MoscowFilmParty
● Moscow Lights Film Festival: https://filmfreeway.com/Moscow-Lights
- Best Feature film
- Best Documentary film / Best Short Documentary
- Best Animation
- Best Web-series
For SHORT FILMS:
- Grand-Prix of the Festival
- Best Directing
- Best Screenplay
- Best Photography
- Best Genre Movie
- Best Sound Design
- Best Production Design
- Best CG (visual effects)
- Best Actor (male)
- Best Actress (female)
- Best Second plan role: supporting actor
- Best Acting ensemble
- The Choice of the Organizers
- Audience choice awards
- Best Debut Film (for participants under 35 y.o. with 1st or 2nd professional film)
FOR VIDEOS UNDER 15 MINS:
- Best Music video
- Best Public service announcement
- Best Experimental film
- Best Commercial video
- Best Trailer/Teaser
All winners receive green glass crystal trophies.
Honorable mention for "Best human rights film", "Best eco film", "Best war film", "Best film for children", etc. may be declared at the discretion of juries and basing on the current makeup of the competition.
The Main competition of the festival with Live Screenings is devoted to short films under 30 minutes.
Live Screenings are guaranteed for short film category up to 30 mins. The screening of other categories is optional. They may happen separately from the main Event or can be a part of Online contest and Official Live Award Ceremony.
- National Contest consists of short films in Russian.
- Internatinal Contest consists of short films (live-action, documentary and animation) from all over the world with English subtitles (if necessary).
- By submitting a project all participants confirm their rights reserved.
- All non-Russian films containing foreign language elements should have English subtitles or at least be in English.
- No production date limits.
- No premiere status required.