New Harvest Film Festival is a festival dedicated to the development of young and independent filmmaking in Russia. We are looking for new authors from all over the world and do our best to let their movies meet a large Russian audience. For some of the films we propose further producer promotion.
New Harvest Film Festival will take place for the 3rd time in Moscow, Russia and for the first time will include International contest apart from the National one. The event with Live screenings and official Award ceremony will take place in one of beautiful open-air parks of Moscow at the end of summer, 2019 and will also have some additional indoor screenings in autumn, 2019.
Besides the Main competition covering short films up to 30 minutes there is also an Online-Contest for the categories not presented in the Main competition where one can submit his full-length film / public service announcement / music video / ad video / videoart (experimental) and even poster. For each category the winners are defined in several nominations.
Live Screenings are guaranteed for short film category up to 30 mins. The screenings of other categories are optional. They may happen separately from the main Event or can be a part of Online contest and Official Live Award ceremony.
For the Main competition (short films up to 30 minutes) the following awards are provided:
- Best short film - National Contest
- Best short film - National Debut Contest
- Best short film - International Contest
- Best short animation - International Contest
- Best short documentary - International Contest
For each Contest 3 prize places are provided (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
Additionally there are determined:
- Best photography
- Best music
- Best screenplay
- Best actor (male)
- Best actress (female)
- Best CG
All winners receive original diplomas and prizes from sponsors. Prize packages vary depending on the year and nomination.
For Online Competition:
- Best film up to 120 mins (best feature, best documentary, best animation)
- Best public service announcement
- Best music video
- Best ad video
- Best videoart or experimental film
- Best poster.
Additional nominations like "Best human rights film", "Best eco film", "Best war film", "Best film for children", etc. may be declared at the discretion of juries and basing on the current makeup of the competition.
Is divided into 4 sections. The winners are defined in the each section in several categories.
The Main competition of the festival with Live Screenings is devoted to short films up to 30 minutes and includes 3 sections: National Contest, International Contest, National Debut Contest.
- Internatinal Contest consists of short films (live-action, documentary and animation) from all over the world with English subtitles (if necessary).
- National Contest consists of short films in Russian (live-action only).
- National Debut Contest consists of short films in Russian (live-action only) which are an author's 1st or 2nd work shot on his own money - without financial support of the third parties (including state universities' support/cinema schools' support, etc.)
- By submitting a project all participants confirm their rights reserved.
- All non-Russian films containing foreign language elements should have English subtitles or at least be in English.
- No production date limits.
- No premiere status required.
We pay your attention that WE DO NOT PROVIDE any Fee Waivers or Submission Discounts for the time being. Thank you and good luck!